• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving Duration

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

CyDiver

Nov 15, 2000
I hope somepne happens to know the answer to this question. Does anyone know what the world record for holding one's breath under water is?
Or does anyone know a site where I might find this information?
Thanks.

Souce of info

Check out www.freediver.co.uk They are a good source of info from a good-natured Englishman called Howard. Their magazine(hard copy) is also informative, with excellent photography. Maybe Cliff could post some records on deeper blue? Cheers, Erik

Good idea!

www.freediver.co.uk is indeed an excellent source of information, they also have a great area for finding buddies to train/dive with - plus Howard is one of the most approachable people I've met in a long time.

As far as posting records, we'll look into doing something shortly, plus in the next two weeks I'll be announcing a great new addition to the Freediving Editorial team - an actual World Record holder.

New item here:
http://news.deeperblue.net/cgi-bin/viewnews.php?newsid=985781946,93473,

He (or she?) will be answering regular questions on what a record attempts requires in training, mental attitude, equipment and preparation...all good stuff. Feel free to post any questions you have here and we'll get them to be answered.

I won't say who it is yet, but it is going to be one of the top Freedivers in the world.

We're working on getting more and more stuff out to you...just let us know!

Excellent

Stephan, this sounds great; information from someone at that level of competition should be great. I live in inland Canada where I do most of my diving in lakes. I get to the west coast as often as possible, and of coure all my winter diving is in pools. There are NO freedivers here(except my wife, now) and therefore noone to compare ideas and techniques with. Other freediving websites seem to have a very elitist attititude about information regarding techniques, and I haven't had responses generally. I can't afford 500US$ for a Kirk Krack or Mayol Junior course right now, and wonder how forthcoming they would be about giving away their training techniques, given that this is their source of income (fair enough). I'm diving 100' in 7 degree water with a 2pc OMER 5mm suit,dynamic in a pool is 75metres, and my static is 5:30. I have been doing yoga and martial arts for years, run 30 kilos per week, bike everywhere, and lift weights moderately a couple of times a week. I know a few different breathing techniques that I like. I have a couple of questions for the Pro. 1. What ventilating method do you use that will improve on what I am doing? 2. On a 100' dive in cold water, with the afore-mentioned suit, I wear 10 lbs of weight, making me neutral at around 65'....should I use more weight to help me get down easier, or should I wear less, so that I do more work on the way down, thereby triggering my breathing reflex sooner? Sorry that the question is so long-winded, I just want you to know the parameters I'm in. Much thanks for an answer and thanks to Stephan for a great website.Cheers, Erik

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT