• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Doing business with specialfins.com

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

roy_nexus_6

Aug 28, 2003
I am a beginner freediver and about 4 month ago I started researching and shopping for freediving equipment.

I started my shopping with fins, and after doing some research I contacted specialfins.com via email and got reply from Jyri.
Jyri and I exchanged a few e-mails in which I asked ALOT of questions and Jyri answered all of them in detail. Some of the questions included my weight, hight, PB's and freediving skills I posess. I figured that with this kind of attention to detail, specialfins must be making a great product. I ended up ordering B/W's Medium custom laminated for me. I paid with my credit card and recieved the fins two weeks later.

When I opened the package I beheald two beautifull BLUE fin blades, one was mounted in to the pocket and the other was separate from the footpocket. Looking at the fin blade that was allready mounted helped me with properly assembling the the other blade. What a great idea to ship it like that to a newbie. Very educational. I liked that "special touch".

I took the fins to the pool as soon as I could and aside from OMER footpocket beeing a little too wide for my foot the fins handled like a DREAM. I could feel the water RUSH around me with just a few short flatter kicks. I was thinking to my self - "I have to put my Mares Quatro on E-Bay". A few days later I solved the pockets being to wide with fin retainers (thanks for the advice I recieved here at deeperblue.com).

a month later I took the fins for a diving trip to Turks and Caicos where I comfortably dove to 50ft. What a rush !

A few weeks after returning from Turks and Caicos during one of my dynamic apnea swims in the local pool I felt one of the fin pockets becoming really lose and when I looked at it I discovered that the rubber around the heal area split open.

Saddened by this turn of events I e-mailed Jyri at specialfins.com and attached the pictures of the defective pocket. I got a reply from Jyri within a few hours, in which he said "no problems" and that he is shipping a fin replacement the next business day.

I recieved the replacement 6 working days later, a brand new OMER foot pocket.

I can say this about specialfins.com and Jyri:

1) Great pre-sale service.

2) Great product, which matches the description and is promptly deliverd.

Last but not least:

3) After-sales support is awesome!
No finger pointing not hussles. Defective part replaced promptly. It is important to mention that specialfins.com doesn't manufactures the OMER footpockets and the defect was not their fault, yet they replaced the part, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

In summary:
I very happy I decided to buy from specialfins.com and I don't hesitate to recommend the company and specifically Jyri for your next fin purchase.

Last edited:
Could you post the picture of the split heel foot pocket? I’m curious to see what happened.

Good equipment investment!
don

I can say this about specialfins.com and Jyri:
1) Great pre-sale service.
2) Great product, which matches the description and is promptly deliverd. [/B]

I agree completely. This has been my experience as well.

Same for me three! hahaha... If anyone has problems with Specialfins, I am 100% sure it is a lie!!!
Jyri... U DA MAN! lol

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT