• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

don't use balloons or inflatables for CO2 training!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Should I spam the forum pretending to be a girl and talking about sex to trigger attention, not really listening to what people have to say and when I reach the venerable looking 200 posts give my opinion on the resident troll ?
Be right back, creating a new account : "Cute little mermaid"

The girl doesn't need help, she/he is just trolling around. And she successfully trolled me as I lost my temper.

I apologize to you then.... I have coffee in me now and see your point mate.

Cheers, Don

I lost my temper, I should be the one apologizing :)
Have a good day with your fresh coffee intake !

Well that's another 3 post (4 including mine) added to this 1900 hit thread rofl

works wonders! Could it be Steffan in disguise?? :t

Coffee, isn’t that bad for you, can’t you become addicted to it, doesn’t it do something odd to your blood pressure….. etc:head:head:head
Hang on I’ll just go and drink a gallon and then put up a thread on here to talk about how bad it was for me.roflroflrofl
Even better I’ll also smoke 20 Marlboro and eat 6 cream cakes at the same time.:):):)

Coffee, isn’t that bad for you, can’t you become addicted to it, doesn’t it do something odd to your blood pressure….. etc:head:head
Hang on I’ll just go and drink a gallon and then put up a thread on here to talk about how bad it was for me.roflrofl
Even better I’ll also smoke 20 Marlboro and eat 6 cream cakes at the same time.:):)

Too funny..now leave coffee out of this:martial :).I only do one espresso in the AM. and stop a day before any overnight hunting trips, but boy the fresh bean smells great in the grinder by Mon morning.:inlove well that and a shot of Magosteen juice thanks to the Dragon fly.:friday

Cheers, Don

Reactions: podge
Ask your doctor!
I'd follow his answer than an online forum!

Asking my doctor that question-as if! When I went there I had a list of questions (only the stuff that couldn't wait, i.e. "I'm confused about the inhaler instructions"). I didn't even get to ask those. It was just "Hi-how-are-you-here's-your-medication -take-this-lung-function-test-I-have-to-go-see-a-new-patient-bye".

Should I spam the forum pretending to be a girl and talking about sex to trigger attention, not really listening to what people have to say and when I reach the venerable looking 200 posts give my opinion on the resident troll ?
Be right back, creating a new account : "Cute little mermaid"

The girl doesn't need help, she/he is just trolling around. And she successfully trolled me as I lost my temper.

Ok look. Had I known that posting about aquafetish stuff would piss people off, I never would have done it in the first place. It wasn't that I was trying to upset everyone. It was just that, it never even occured to me that people would react like this. I mean, why wouldn't someone want to have sex underwater? If it was up to me I'd do more than just have sex underwater, I'd eat underwater, sleep underwater, even build a house underwater! I would live there, like a dolphin or a seal. But, I guess you guys just aren't into that sort of thing. So I apologize for rocking the boat, and you can all go back to binge drinking or going to the beach or whatever it is you boring regular freedivers do.

Many people here post about stuff that I do not understand. Enjoying killing, for instance. But do I label those people as attention-seeking trolls? No, I don't. I simply respect the fact that they like different things than I do.

Thanks to a certain herbal remedy, the lung pain and airway constriction are a thing of the past.

The “stiff” feeling is gone too. In fact, my lungs are ridiculously flexible.

Off to get clinical trials going. Let’s cure some lung disease!

Bobdonny…what was that you said about forgetting natural remedies?

P.S. The medicated inhalers my quack prescribed reduced (not eliminated) my symptoms at first. But eventually they started to do the exact opposite, making the pain/constriction worse every time I used them! Finally I said “to hell with this”, and stopped taking them.

And speaking of “forget about natural remedies”…

- For a decade I suffered from severe allergies. My allergist tried medication after medication, with little results. Finally I discovered mangosteen juice. No problems now.

- I used to have an immune system abnormality, and was prone to infections. My doctors tried all kinds of antibiotics…didn’t do a thing. I would just get sicker and sicker. Finally I discovered IP-6. I take it at the onset of an illness, and it goes away in a hurry.

At one point a sinus infection got worse and worse until it spread to my brain, nearly killing me. Looking back, that sinus infection could have been EASILY nipped in the bud with some IP-6.

- For a decade I mostly lived in a bed thanks to chronic pain. My various doctors tried every prescription painkiller on the market…didn’t do a thing. Finally I discovered green tea pills. No problems now.

- For a decade I suffered from eczema/psoriasis. My dermatologist tried every topical medication on the market…they all exacerbated the problem. Eventually she told me to stay away from all skin medications, and just “deal with it”. Finally I discovered tea tree oil. No problems now.

- For my entire life I have been plagued with learning disabilities. My neurologist tried ADHD drugs and SSRIs, with little results. Finally I started taking trimethylglycine and high-end fish oil. No problems now.

I have a much better quality of life now. Give that up, why?

Reactions: Kars
Bobdonny- one more thing.

You tell me to cure all my medical problems using willpower alone.

Yet you yourself don’t even have the willpower to quit smoking.

Excuse me one minute…

rofl

Face it Bobdonny…you have no willpower. You are weak.

this has been one of the better threads, iv'e actualy read all 5 pages.
it's great reading, it's done wonders for my sanity

Reactions: Erik
And speaking of “forget about natural remedies”…

- For a decade I suffered from severe allergies. My allergist tried medication after medication, with little results. Finally I discovered mangosteen juice. No problems now.

- I used to have an immune system abnormality, and was prone to infections. My doctors tried all kinds of antibiotics…didn’t do a thing. I would just get sicker and sicker. Finally I discovered IP-6. I take it at the onset of an illness, and it goes away in a hurry.

At one point a sinus infection got worse and worse until it spread to my brain, nearly killing me. Looking back, that sinus infection could have been EASILY nipped in the bud with some IP-6.

- For a decade I mostly lived in a bed thanks to chronic pain. My various doctors tried every prescription painkiller on the market…didn’t do a thing. Finally I discovered green tea pills. No problems now.

- For a decade I suffered from eczema/psoriasis. My dermatologist tried every topical medication on the market…they all exacerbated the problem. Eventually she told me to stay away from all skin medications, and just “deal with it”. Finally I discovered tea tree oil. No problems now.

- For my entire life I have been plagued with learning disabilities. My neurologist tried ADHD drugs and SSRIs, with little results. Finally I started taking trimethylglycine and high-end fish oil. No problems now.

I have a much better quality of life now. Give that up, why?

With all that lot wrong with you its good job you aren’t a horse, cause they’d have shot you years ago.:)rofl:)

Glad your feeling better and thanks for the Mangosteen juice tip.

Cheers, Don Paul

Back to Bobdonny:

You are a fan of Ray Kurzweil’s work; therefore you do subscribe to the free radical theory of aging.

You urge me to “forget about natural remedies”; therefore you do not subscribe to the free radical theory of aging.

You both do and do not subscribe to the free radical theory of aging.

Bobdonny is a paradox!

Exercise things in moderation, including...moderation!

Hee hee, Good one Lil D: a philosophical positive feedback cycle (of the infinite loop variety :head ) :)

There's only one way out of such an existential conundrum . . .

Guiness !!! :friday

Last edited:
Wow, this has become quite the thread...many good points raised though. Rebreathing from inflatables and balloons is not a good idea-I'd bet most folks don't know that. No more high-squeaky voice tricks with helium balloons I suppose ;-) Yes, the forum has rules, which may seem arbitrary to some-but I soooo admire this forum for its international membership and commentary! whatever it takes to maintain that is worth it to me. Lil D-I'm a chiropractic neurologist. You are in fact speaking my language when you're talking about natural remedies. I could add to your list, in fact. But, the others make a point in that too many folks try to find solutions to everything on the Internet and it isn't always that simple. There are exceptions, like doing free Medline searches for medical research studies on the effectiveness of a natural remedy-there are many there now. I'm glad to hear your lungs are OK and don't hurt-that's good news that got lost in the exchange somehow ;-) Now get off the computer and go swimming!
peace
Richard

Reactions: Johan Andersson
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT