• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

don't use balloons or inflatables for CO2 training!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I stopped diving because until recently I was sick :( not because I don't enjoy diving.

I'd like to see you do some long breathholds when you're as sick as a dog...

Apologies for being not so "family-friendly", but damnit, my analogies hit the nail right on the head...

I personally consider my lungs to be the most precious part of my body.

Analogies or not, this is a PG13 forum. Much of what you discuss Lil Dragonfly is quite borderline, please consider others when posting and follow the DeeperBlue forum rules.

Ben
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Erik
Will do. No analogies regardless of how clearly they make a point.

Although, speaking of that, after bobdonny explained to me why he smokes I understand it a lot better now. I used to think that anyone who smokes could not possibly have much of a passion for freediving. But now I realize that it doesn't necessarily mean that, it just means that the individual had life happen to them in a certain order.

Consider this: bobdonny said he used to smoke 20 a day. Then, as his love for freediving grew, he cut back to only once in a while. For me I never had a chance to pick up a smoking habit before discovering freediving because I've been diving for just about my entire life (not many 2-year-olds smoke 20 cigarettes a day lmao). To me an occasional cigarette is a huge amount because I have never done it period, in his eyes its "moderation" because it is a massive improvement for him.

Anyway, my apologies to bobdonny for assuming he wasn't the real deal :)

posting rubbish on the net.... maybe thats not so acceptable and can make a person look nuts ;)

Unfortunately I've given you too much rep sir, or there'd be more coming. Know that you make me laugh and have helped me to appreciate my day. I tend to be less subtle in these situations; not befitting my lofty position in the hierarchy of this forum.

Honour to you, bobdonny. Mad skillz.

Erik

Thanks Erik, I'm trying to do a few things here ;)
The amount of rep I've gotten on this thread is crazy, I appreciate it all, I hope certain other people do also!

:)

posting rubbish on the net.... maybe thats not so acceptable and can make a person look nuts ;)

When I mention sex-related topics the mods get mad. Meanwhile the other people on this forum are free to discuss substance abuse (namely, smoking and binge drinking) freely. I'm sorry, but there is a hole in that logic big enough to fit an elephant through.

But, whatever. It's not my forum, I don't make the rules.

I recently opened a freediving forum where people can discuss whatever they want. I'm still going to come here though, for the non-sexual aspects of freediving (safety, improving performance, etc.) this place is a gem.

We don’t make the rules Lil we just try to keep all the chaps and chappets to stay within the Rules that Stephen laid down after he founded the forum, namely for you the PG 13 rule.

When I mention sex-related topics the mods get mad. Meanwhile the other people on this forum are free to discuss substance abuse (namely, smoking and binge drinking) freely. I'm sorry, but there is a hole in that logic big enough to fit an elephant through.

The mods don't get mad, they just get bored. Sex is an infinitely more sensitive subject than smoking and drinking, so it has to be handled with finesse. There actually have been some good/funny threads about sex and freediving, but we draw the line with graphic descriptions of surgical sexual operations, descriptions of male or female reproductive anatomy and other expressions of less refined "crudities".

This is an international forum with people from all ages/races/cultures with their myriad points of view and sensitivities. Sometimes it's hard to imagine how quickly even a well intentioned remark can create a flame war, let alone any of the more controversial subjects. So we have rules to ensure this is a pleasant place, and enjoyable to as many people as possible. It's very simple really.

Reactions: Erik and BennyB
It's a sad society we live in when discussion of sex is more likely to start a flame war than discussion of self-mutilation...

(Smoking and binge drinking are socially acceptable forms of self mutilation; lung damage, brain damage, think about it)

Please let us know the address, so that people can join to have some fun there :D

The forum is called Fetish for Freediving and Freedivers. If anyone wants the address email me (not PM, my box is getting full).

The topic of the forum is aquafetish, however discussion of competition, marine life, what have you is welcome too.

Come on! Let her (?) live. We need some fun here too. It would be too boring reading only wise and clever posts.

Should I spam the forum pretending to be a girl and talking about sex to trigger attention, not really listening to what people have to say and when I reach the venerable looking 200 posts give my opinion on the resident troll ?
Be right back, creating a new account : "Cute little mermaid"

The girl doesn't need help, she/he is just trolling around. And she successfully trolled me as I lost my temper.

Reactions: Erik and trux
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT