• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset Spearfishing 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
No, I use a Beuchat Mundial Carbon Elite and a standard Dessault 90. They will stock that gun in all probability.
Rob

Any chance you could find out if they do stock the gun I'm looking for Rob it's starting to become a DB mission at the moment...

Many Thanks John

John,
not in stock at moment, but available on request. «H.D. QUATRO» Carbone is top of range and 'c'est hiver' at the moment so out of season. Sorry can't be of more help.

Rob

Briefly popping my head out of my winter hibernation box to say hi all, nuff props to all of you that have been diving throughout the winter!

If anyone is around or can get to Brixham weekend the 11/12th of March I am planning my first spearo dive of the year If anyone fancies a dive there will be at least one guaranteed nuttah braving the sea in a 3mm suit (sad I know but none of the mates I'm going away with will even dip there toe into the water... still gaurenteed p*ss up after the dive :friday ).

Finally how’s the viz down on the Dorset coastline? I was in Poole/Sandbanks a few weeks ago and it looked pretty pants

Its shit down here in sunny Dorset. Portland is blown out and it going to get worse before it gets better. I was going in today but it started snowing..

Glowworm, finally went to the doctors as had terrible time this week!
Seems I may have a 'pollip' on the inside of that left hand sinus tube that blocks air and infection in. Course of antibios and spray and in 2 weeks dooctor reassessing for a 'procedure' (not allways successfull apparently). Hopefully going to be good to go for the season start!:crutch
Especially a good couple before the little daughter arrives to start giving me that 'payback feeling':naughty rofl

Good to see you finally got it sorted Surfinspear.A few early season tilly dives should keep you going for a while,not to mention your long awaited session at Portland Bill.I probably won't venture in until my new kit arrives at Portland Oceaneering plus i'm busy as hell at work at the moment.Off to madrid in march:friday ...

Weather is seriously crap at the moment anyway.....I think i might be turning into a fair weather spearo...

Hey guys I know some of you are keen to visit Guernsey, I saw this add in the local paper today. The hotel can offer packages throughout the year, might be worth giving them a call.

Attachments

• P1020289(1).JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 154
Super low tide today: http://www.pol.ac.uk/ntslf/hilo.php?port=weymouth

"10 LOWEST TIDES

-0.15m 28/Feb/2006
-0.07m 31/Jan/2006
-0.04m 9/Feb/2005
-0.04m 23/Jul/2009
0.03m 20/Mar/2007
0.03m 12/Mar/2024
0.04m 30/Mar/2006
0.04m 21/Mar/2015
0.05m 2/Mar/2006
0.05m 22/Mar/2015
"

...(esp. on the second dip - 3 hours after official low tide): http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/data/20060228/0033_20060228.shtml#graph
Also, possible good weather Saturday?: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1740

Last edited:
I had a very pleasant dive this afternoon, although I didn't see anything!! Water was 6c and my new 5mm gloves, meant I was toasty warm.

Chatted with a couple of fishermen who said they had been catching plaice off Weymouth beach - certianly weren't any where I was

Sounds pleasant Flyflicker. How was visibility? Was considering going down tomorrow but now have things to do that can't wait .

I heard the Met office consider March Spring (officially should be 20/21st, the vernal equinox) -- but I've been through snow 3 times this week! I see Foxfish bagged his first Bass of the year over in Guernsey.

Last edited:
Vis was 2 and improving, I guess if this weather holds, the vis on Sunday will be amazing and you will be able to see nothing for miles!

Reactions: Mr. X
Any vis or fish reports from this weekend?

A quick reminder that a Brixham dive is going on this weekend. PM me before Thursday with your number if you fancy joining the hunt. So far only two of us are braving the winter seam in our 3mm...

Aha so summer is round the corner. Spent most of the winter snowboarding (tough but someone has to do it) Waiting to hear when the first fish arrive but I think we May be a bit premature. Excuse the pun.

Laff! 3 bass and a good sized Mullet.. I am hoping there will be fish as its the first course of the year for me and trying to teach spearo with no fish is somewhat un rewarding.

See you out there

B.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…