• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset Spearfishing 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Actually I was cruising on the river Seine under the Eiffel Tower drinking champers!

Yes, I’m up/down for a dive the Friday or Saturday – all depends on the wind. At the moment Chesil Cove looks favorite or Sailing Academy?

Reactions: Almostafish
almost - now I'm scared - remind me not to help you in or out of your rubber ha ha ha.....

FTS
Do the SETT 100% Its a good course and you get to perfect your glide ( Swim hard to about 12-15 and then just let your self fly untill the bottom stops you or good sense prevails remembering partial pressures or gas at depth etc I hope every body understands...Duuuu....Out of this world! )

Tell Emma that I recomended you both and she will see you good on the pennys.

Do it Do it Do it!

Will do almost...

Gotta leave you guys to it... The boss has demanded that I clear up the kitchen. Of course I want to do it (cough)!

Hope the plaice oblige!:)

almost a fish... whats West side looking like for a dive Saturday morning with me and flyflicker?

It all looks a little grim. Chesil is blown out. Harbour looks ok and we have had a few good tides so you might be in luck. Watch out for the " Navy divers.." sodding around though.

Claire is about to pass her Masters ticket today ( She can then be Master, or Captian to the lands folk, on any ship in the world ) So a night on the lash is a must as it means the end of 11 years of study.:friday

Have fun

Too cold and windy for me today brrrrrr

Chesil Cove vis looks OK, Fleet for flatties is OK, the rest is blown out - enjoy

Last edited:
Chesil has been calm for a few days but the water still looks like soap. East side has no viz and the harbour is ok.. But only if you have to.

What the hells going on with the weather?

Dunno whats happening with the weather... But I know I was in the Dorset water by this time last year, vis was good and I remember some warm days... Lets just hope it's an omen for a scorcher of a summer (that hopefully lasts a little longer than a week)!

Bryn

wind still a cold easterly until Sunday - check out the oil tanks/east side/black hut/sailing centre that might offer a glimmer of hope for Friday :)

If you believe you'll go fishing...I believe I'll jump in the new boat and go for a spin! See you sunday for the big launch (no champagne required!)

Evening Almosta....Big Willi and I have splashed out on a Zodiac and engine. We are picking it up on Saturday:)

Good good! If you need help with any aspects of Nav, sea safety, cordage, Met etc just ask mate. All things are possible..

B.

No problemo. Here is a pick of todays catch, Shite conditions with a force 6, bumpy water and worsening viz back to land.. hard dive good fish.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:
I agree; it was very unpleasent out yesterday and the only fish I saw were on Morrisons fish counter on my way home!! (cod cooked with tomatoes, garlic & fresh basil, served over a bed of steamed veg) But I now have a good inkling where the flatties hang out!

Almost, your picture link isn't working for me?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT