• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset Spearfishing 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Another pleasant dive in 6c waters, but it was a warming 7c in the shallows - spring is in the air.

No fishes seen, spotted a few scallops, but I had forgotten my float so didn't fancy the extra weight!

Did see a few sea-gooseberries in the shallows over a reef - amazing light refraction with the sun http://www.arkive.org/species/ARK/i...leurobrachia_pileus/ARK015355.html?size=large

So another fishles day, but feel it won't be long before Mr Bass arrive

Reactions: Mr. X
yep was definitely wamer, nearly tropical like rofl still no Plaice though. Suspect we'll need to be diving much deeper than we are for those, so, flyflicker/almostafish we should be looking to get out in deep water for them I think... next w/e?

Evening Crew!

I do believe Flyflicker that you and UK Spearo should be heading down to Ringstead for some Plaice... You'll go stale if you dive that harbour again!! Of course when spearing Ringstead you'll need at 83.2 cm speargun rather than the 65 cm you'd need just around the corner. If you are diving deeper than 6.3 metres you'll need to use your secondary gun of no more than 41 cm. That said you must ensure that the viz is less than 5.3 metres. You could swim from the shore or maybe fly? Yarde yarde yarde ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!rofl

ps, thanks for the anchor

Laff!!

Do you think that a 1.5mm suit used with an 86.743 cm gun over a depth of 16.3cm with a wombat 1 weight vest would be good or should I use the Indo pacific pearl diving rig?? ( Forum 4903780956589 ) Also i could stop talking shite on forums and just get in the Facking water?? Hmmm..

Bring on the summer.

HI fearthespear - 'ping' there goes another rib ha ha ha... Almostafish and I are going to try right in the middle of the harbour, where it's deeper, or out off Chesil on the deep sand, see if we can find any flaties out there (I expect flyflicker will be out with us as well). The viz was about 10ft last week in the harbour - so there!

Never mind, my ealiest Bass was 9th April two years ago, so not long till they might be heading back this way - we can but hope!

Thats brave, my extremeties are still warming up following that dive in Feb! A few more lardy cakes from the Halstock bakery will help with insulation no doubt!

April is good going indeed, i'll be back in in a few weeks' time...various stag do's to attend to before that!:friday

Good luck on your next trip

All I can say to fear is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Last edited:
When do you fancy doing the harbour/chesil sands then? I am doing a major pollution containment ex with the MCA and lots of tugs and tankers ect on wednesday but fairly free tomorrow or after that..

almostafish - you know some of us do have jobs to go to ha ha ha... if the weather is good then either Friday PM (after work) or Saturday, not looked at the long range foercast yet though....

Fearthespear I have just spent the weekend teaching at the SETT tank (27-34c with 30m+ viz) and feel the need to get cold and muddy. Must be some kind of fetish thing??!!

Nice pick Flyflicker.. Not had a drink by any chance?

interesting you should mention SETT almost.. Big Willi and I are planning to "do" it this year! Good craic?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…