• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset Spearfishing 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It was a balmy 6c today, UK Spearo had 7 and I had 6 scallops. Saw one small flounder and 1/2 dozen Olympic sailors!

I also saw my first ever lumpsucker fanning it's eggs, they are one weird looking fish....

Reactions: Mr. X
It did look very inviting stood next to Portland Oceaneering this afternoon.Not a breath of wind and a clear blue sky,shame about the air and water temp as it seemed like the summer.

glowworm said:
It did look very inviting stood next to Portland Oceaneering this afternoon.Not a breath of wind and a clear blue sky,shame about the air and water temp as it seemed like the summer.

Just after you left the shop today, I saw three gilthead bream, a couple of trigger fish and a shoal of mullet!!!!! Shame you missed them!!!!!!!:t

Buster Lung said:
Just after you left the shop today, I saw three gilthead bream, a couple of trigger fish and a shoal of mullet!!!!! Shame you missed them!!!!!!!:t

See i told you it was a good spot rofl rofl rofl rofl

Well done on the scallops guys. It's very hard to freedive for scallops over here. There's plenty of scallops out deeper but the pro boys and the weekend scubies work the beds hard. Also Guernsey is such a reatively small place that all the spots are known. Did manage half a dozen on a freedive session last year but that was exceptional.
Night diving seems to have reached a dead end over here. Last four dives have all been a bust for me. Pete did get a bass tonight but me and two others blanked again. The soles and the reds seem to have moved on to somewhere warmer. Can't say I blame them.
Keep up the good work.
Regards
Dave

For the attention of Glowworm & 1 Shot 1 Kill.
The hotel is on the extreme left of the first pic, all of which I took yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• P1020272(1).JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 179
  • P1020273(1).JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 166
  • P1020274(1).JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: Mr. X
And the not so pretty Hotel close up.

Attachments

• P1020269(1).JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 174
It's not the hotel but the fishing that count's....rofl rofl rofl

Off course the fishing counts most of all. The bay contains acres of Japweed, most of it lies on the surface at low tide. Quite an experience to swim through, what at first appears to be impenetrable, I once had a Cormorant swim over my head as I was stalking amongst the tunnels that lie beneath the weed. You can often shoot Golden Greys in the first few minutes you enter the water, very tasty fish.

Last edited:
Had 4 bass there one day last year. However, this is the area where Charlie had 7. Also where visitor Matt Holt saw "loads" of bass one day last summer.
Still need luck though.
So be lucky.
Dave

Charlie and his 7 bass

Last edited:
The bay looks good just hope the fish don't go on holiday that week.Looking forward to the trip,but will have to get lots of practice in before we get there so we don't waste the oppertunity.

Reactions: Old Man Dave
Thanks for the link Foxfish but I've got my heart set on the Dessault.My Cressi still has some mileage in it though.I haven't painted it but have taken all the stickers off and marked out minimum fish sizes on the barrell with reflective tape.

Reactions: foxfish
Hi Glowworm,
I use the Dessault 95, bought from a superb shop in France specializing in Dessault, still the main marque over there along with Beauchat, also use the Carbon 100 when vis is good. Let me know as father in law works there teaching apnea etc. and will get you a good price if interested. I'll forward you the details and you can deal direct using our name, let me know.

Rob

Reactions: foxfish
Cheers for the offer of help Rob.Is the Dessault gun you have the new Quatro Carbone 90??? This is the model i'm after.There is more details of my quest in the Euro speargun section under hunting equipment.If it is the same gun i would love the details :inlove :inlove

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…