• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

East London anyone?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cloudwalker_3

Apr 28, 2006
I haven't trained for ages (I used to train on my own around 15 years ago) but I used to be able to do a 3.30min static and swim around 25m without fins.

I'd really like to get involved in a regular session but the only club I know of is Richmond and for a whole bunch of reasons (work, child care [my son has learning difficulties so parenting is pretty full on], the physical location of where I live, not being a driver) getting there isn't an option for me.

I'm wondering if there's anyone in east London (I live in Hackney) who's possibly interested in forming a club?

Oh, and I'm negatively buoyant so don't get me started on the tread water for 15 mins thing!

Too bad I'm not in East London, I wish you luck finding someone. With taking care of a kid like that, you deserve some time doing what you like.

Reactions: cloudwalker_3
I am in East London. Complete beginner. Just out of curiosity. Where do you think to dive that is easier accessible than Richmond?

We could do online contests or something like that, I'm similar to you, getting back into it. It wouldn't be the same as going to the pool, but something.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT