• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Emma and Sara's Excellent Freediving Adventures...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
...are almost at an end (for now :D )

After four weeks of freediving almost non-stop, we decided to get dry and head off to the desert today :) Emma dashed down the sand dunes in search of a rich bedouin but found nothing but mounds of sand :) and a baby camel...

We followed the instructions carefully and avoided local ladies as well (or they avoided us!)

Attachments

• saraemmadesert.JPG
    saraemmadesert.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 272
  • emmadash.JPG
    emmadash.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 207
  • emmadash2.JPG
    emmadash2.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 214
  • camelbaby.JPG
    camelbaby.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 210
  • localladies.JPG
    localladies.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 257
Reactions: bluecape
...then we watched the sunset and headed off for dinner where we watched a rather strange creature belly-dancing... and it wasn't either of us...

I gave her first prize as the Mick Jagger lookalike.

Attachments

• jagger.JPG
    jagger.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 255
  • manorbeast.JPG
    manorbeast.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 207
  • sunset4.JPG
    sunset4.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 188
  • sunset.JPG
    sunset.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 184
  • divas.JPG
    divas.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Reactions: Fondueset
The moon shone and then it was time to come home... all in all an excellent day and good ending to some long days in the water.

More to follow this week...

Attachments

• moon.JPG
    moon.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: sanso
And some of the students... one showing how to use latex gloves during the EFR course :D , another who had been eating beans after diving, and some alarming looking postures during rescue scenarios...

Attachments

• freedivedubai2007.JPG
    freedivedubai2007.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 250
  • usesforfirstaid.JPG
    usesforfirstaid.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 252
  • beans.JPG
    beans.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 208
  • ahmed.JPG
    ahmed.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 198
  • strangle.JPG
    strangle.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
A Cute little photo of adolphin's boy having a snorkelling session with Emma in the pool...

Attachments

• adolphin.JPG
    adolphin.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 237
haha looks like a lot of fun island_sands! i like that latex glove idea :p the beans might have been a bit of a problem lol

Nice camel. :t It seems that those warnings say your guide is an expert on the local ladiesrofl How come he gets to have all the fun?:chatup

A Cute little photo of adolphin's boy having a snorkelling session with Emma in the pool...

That's my boy .. :D
Thanks for the pic sands .. the session was fantastic .. Mohammad loved it and jumping all over my back every day on when is he going to do it again, not to mention his 4 year old sister Amna .. :girlie .. that was a great experience for both of them .. :) .. and hey! knowing that we watched black tips in the shark island! .. they considered me holding some conspiracy against them, I told them they might look like a great tiny meal for the sharks .. they laughed at me as I was trying to pull out from the imbaresment .. they said that when ever I go to that thing so called shark island again.. they should be the first two to jump in .. :( .. now don't I have a point with the sharkie meal thing ?! .. I mean those two are realy tiny creatures compared to the blacks ! .. that might tempt them to go for bite or two !

...are almost at an end (for now :D )

After four weeks of freediving almost non-stop, we decided to get dry and head off to the desert today :) Emma dashed down the sand dunes in search of a rich bedouin but found nothing but mounds of sand :) and a baby camel...

We followed the instructions carefully and avoided local ladies as well (or they avoided us!)

Alright! .. at last Emma got to chance to take a break and have a look around .. (I know we exhauseted her out .. specially me .. :D ) .. but finaly she looks realy pleased and happy .. :)

Oh you girls! All work and no play :t You'll be very lonely Ms Sands when Emma leaves Dubai back to glorious old Blighty.......

Oh you girls! All work and no play :t You'll be very lonely Ms Sands when Emma leaves Dubai back to glorious old Blighty.......

I am going to miss her like mad!!! We are like sisters... rofl we even sit in bed together at night with our jamas on and look at stuff on the net, drink tea, giggle... it's been excellent having her here, i have never laughed so much and she has also been a godsend in assisting me to become a free and single woman again :D

I am going to miss her like mad!!! We are like sisters... rofl we even sit in bed together at night with our jamas on and look at stuff on the net, drink tea, giggle... it's been excellent having her here, i have never laughed so much and she has also been a godsend in assisting me to become a free and single woman again :D

OMG single again? Watch out eligible bachelors of the Middle East. How did she assist you in singledom, shoot somebody rofl rofl

Reactions: island_sands
Nice to hear and see you galls had such a good time together.
It seems like you both do value your independance, very understandeble :)
Just out of curiosity, is it harder to keep the bachelors at bay in the middle east? I'm sure you can have al the admiration you would ever whish for with your long blond hair, your curves and your inteligent independent mind.

Anyway keep enjoying, exploring and reporting, I always love en enjoy to see others having a good time!

Love Peace and water,

Kars

Last edited:
The Emirati guys are very discreet and careful about approaching foreigners. Dating Muslims is not really allowed... although they all do it. ;)

Emma and I were invited to dinner the other night by some top dog in the government (can't disclose). So we decided to dress very prim and proper, hair severly tied back in a pony tail, high cut blouse etc etc. , prepared notes and things of our plans, and off we went.

We were correct in our assessment... the guy had seen our article and photos in the EDA magazine, thought "cor i'd like a bit of that" - and got a dinner with us set up. It seemed initially had his eyes on Emma (as she is famous superstar freediver and good looking, so more of a catch :D ) and when she stood up in the hotel reception, she towered over him by about 4 feet rofl rofl

He stammered and said "oh! you didn't look so tall in your photo" rofl

He then decided to turn his attentions towards me as i was more his height rofl It was plainly OBVIOUS that his original intention was not of a business venture at all!

Oh well, free meal in an Argentinian restuarant, we put the briefcase of ideas away as it seemed that we would not get anywhere with them, ate, chatted and went home :D

As soon as we got outside of ears reach after the dinner we burst into giggles and realised that the whole idea of the dinner was almost like "magazine dating" rofl

Back also to the topic. Some of our students requested that we wear hoods and gloves, so that they didn't have to touch our skin during training. (Not allowed). Emma sweated profusely in the pool training with all this gear on, but we respected local custom and beliefs. However, those beliefs were not reciprocated as the guys were staring pointedly at us in our bikinis, particularly we thought at me for obvious larger reasons rofl - it got very uncomfortable in the end and we discussed it together at length. We didnt walk around in bikinis, it was just in the communal outside showers where everyone took off their wetsuits. There was no other place to go.

Our conclusion was, fine, we will wear what ever we need to, to conduct dive training close up to people, however, kindly do not look at us... EVER!!! (we didnt actually say that though) :vangry

Last edited:
Reactions: Marwan
i dont think the person who invented the bikini (god bless him) rofl didnt intend for pople to look the other way when they see a woman in one rofl

Reactions: island_sands
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT