• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Enter your favourite spots

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey jvoets,

Great site, I'm sure you have much success with it. It will turn out to be a great resource.

I did have trouble though trying to add a site. It told me that an error occured when I typed in the name in the name field.

I will gladly post a few great spots to dive here in Kona.

Thanks

DSV

hi

i also had the problem with that error message.

very nice idea, though. i hope that bug can be fixed soon.

roland

:cool:

Excellent idea, hope there will be lots of contributions. At least i bookmarked the site....

Good luck!

joe

Yep, that link is where I "borrowed" the idea from.
Problem is that the submissions are handled manually. I tried to add a site in the Netherlands 2 weeks ago, but haven't seen it appear on the site. That's why I decided to create a site with faster feedback.

As for the other posts: could you give me an example of what you were trying to add when the errors occured? So I can have a look & fix it.
A shipwreck flag will be added soon (maybe today if I have finished another part I'm working on right now)

yes..at the moment not much is going on there..at least not until the end of summer I guess...Sebastian Näslund who has the site is out solo sailing the Atlantic in his homemade 4 meter "yacht" and freediving the Sargasso sea

http://webvideo.nu/arrandir/htm2/Latestnewsplans.html

...yeah, he's nuts...but he is also a nice guy and a good diver...

Johan

Now possible to register and create a 'My Spots' list
The 'wreck' present indicator is included in a new list with special attractions for a site.

Soon a list of freedivers per location and country will follow together with top 50's in each discipline. After that I plan on including search functionality and email service for new spots.

If you encounter any error when adding a site, please report it to info@freedivingspots.net so I can fix bugs.

Little update:

you can now register and tell at which freedive locations you dive. I also build in some error reporting when adding a site fails to give me instant feedback on that.

All registered users get listed in the freediver lists per region / country / spot. You can see how your personal bests rank among others.

And after some more work:
you can now point the location of your freedive spot on your country's map.
Only european,middle-east and north & south american countries present at the moment
I'm adding the other 200 images as soon as possible

Have a look at the Netherlands to see how it works

Last edited:
Well looks like most of the bugs have been fixed now.
Spots from all over the world are being added to the database. The counter is currently at 37 spots and 26 registered freedivers.
Seems like Europe is the most popular.
I hope all the US, Canadian and other freedivers across the Atlantic take up this challenge and start adding their freedive locations.

The more in there, the more useful it will become for all freedivers.

Looks like this is my personal thread ;)
I've just implemented a suggestion by Jonas.
For a freediving spot in my database you can now add your estimate of the visibility at various depths and the surface temperature on particular date.

This way you know what the 'right' time of year is to go diving somewhere.

Keep it up JVOETS!

Your site is great! I already plan to dive at Shaw's Cove when I go vacationing in California in August, and I found this location through your site.

I also plan to dive a bunch of other places in Southern California during my vacation and I intend to take notes so I can add these locations to your site.

In my opinion, your site is one of the best freediving sites on the net and it offers a really valuable service.

Thanks for all the effort,

mike

Yeah, good work, Jaap!

I`ve bookmarked the site and visit it regularly!I promise to enter any spot i know, I`ll be off for holidays tonight but when i return i`ll try to enter some swiss lake spots...

Now I got to go packin`...

Greets Joe

Great idea!

That is a great idea and the site is very good equipped.
I have added myself to it and a couple of spots where I dive in US.
Volodya

Thanks!

If you like it, tell your fellow freedivers.
The more spots & divers in the database, the more useful it will become.

I discovered a nice spot in germany, not too far from the Netherlands through someones addition, so it works indeed to explore new freediving locations

If you have any ideas to improve the site, please let me know

Russia

And I see you have splitted Russia on Asian and European parts...
Better to have it in one piece.
Volodya

Well Russia is officically listed under Asia on my site, but the maps are copied from worldatlas.com, they have indeed split Russia into a european and asian part.
That's the reason why you see it on freedivingspots.net too.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT