• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Enter your favourite spots

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Harsh Reality

OK, I'm willing to appear negaitve and risk being upopular, but I mean well.

I think the site is well-conceived and has great potential. Certainly, a map-driven site devoted to freediving locales is a wonderful addition because let's face it . . . what makes a great scuba site ain't necessarily a great freedive spot.

BUT, the site will continue to be disappointing unless information on a large number of good dive sites can be found there. If that does not occur soon, the site will decay due to "webwear."

I'd strongly encourage speaking with Stephan Whelan about the possibility of incorporating your site into the DB fold - maybe become part of the "Find a Buddy and Places to dive" forum. The best thing that could happen to your site would be for LOTS of freedivers to start posting info about good freediving spots to other freedivers. Obscurity will kill you faster than anything.

You're entirely right
That's why I try to promote the site everywhere I see freedivers gather.

It would certainly help if there were permanent links from deeperblue and freediver.co.uk. And it would probaly even more help if some "big names" put their blessing to it.

I'm not sure what holds people back at the moment to add some info. I've been posting messages around German and UK freediving websites, emailing them in groups and signing guestbooks, but only a small response at this time.

I could try and find more descriptions of nice freediving spots around the web, but in my opinion someone who has been diving there is the only one that can tell exactly why it is a good freediving location. So hopefully anyone who reads this will jump in and adds there locations right away ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT