• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

favorite trigger mech?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ivan , I agree with griff . On a 150 you'll do much better with double sixteens . I would pop a hernia or mess in my suit if I tried to load that 20 of yours .:eek:

Originally posted by Griff
ask SASpearo about the 20mm on his 120. :t

Gmph ... I swopped it for a single sixteen when got to Durbs - 'because I might have to load a lot quicker in thick schools of gamefish'

I'm glad to report that I loaded fast enough to shott ALL the gamefish I saw. Which was none. Nil Zilch. Zero.

BTW, el Griffo, how's your girlfriend doing? :t :martial :ko :crutch

Hie hie hie ...

ok, i know this is and old one....

i've been able to see her again these last few days, now that the swelling in my right eye has gone down a bit.
she's happy that my finless state has kept me out of the sards, but the wheels of the post office grind steadily, and the time is drawing neigh. maybe i can convince her that i'm seeing somebody els, to explain where i was all day:D

Grin ....

That might be easier to get past her thatn "Sorry, hunnybunch, I went spearfishing again"

I still feel the shivers down my spine from the look she gave you after you told her it was a shark that took a bite of that Natal snoek .... grins ...

RA muzzle

Does anyone know about or used a hawaiian type muzzle for RA gun.
It was said that it was made because there was demand for it.
I would like to try it on an RA . I like the way it works for a Riffie. It would make thr RA perfect. I think used this muzzle has a gradual aiming sense to it.

hi

I will put 2 16mm rubbers on my 150, Griff our 20mm are black on the outside with the clear green clour on the inside the hole is the same size as the 16mm. I took my 110 in the pool and loaded my 50cm 20mm rubber and shot it awsome fun.

Re: here trigger, that's a boy.....good boy.....sit......stay........

Originally posted by Clovis
best trigger....Aussie sea hornet.... ...basic solid reliable and most important safe.

Sorry Clovis but if you've ever had a SeaHornet self-fire at ur buddy you would realise just how crap they are. Ive seen it happen 3 times, on 3 different guns. Single rubber that came with the guns and almost new spears. Safe? :naughty

Worst speargun on the market. Should only be sold to tourists who throw them away after a week (about how long the shafts last) or people who dive alone. Preferably off-shore away from innocent fish.

Accuracy is hopeless as well. The slide-ring line attachement is ur average garbage which will snap after a couple of dives because of corrosion.

Best trigger mech is a Riffe. My one is over 5 years old and doesnt show any wear at all. My RA's (110 and 130)seem to have a plastic bit that sits in the cut-out in the spear which worries me a bit.. :confused:

Of course it would be nice to have the entire forum design one! That way we could include several centuries of experience in one design.. ?

btw check out www.spearfishing.com.au if youre after an aussie based forum. Although this one rocks!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT