• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fin Lineup - Any Questions?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Jon,

Not nearly ready to part with either of my Specialfins, but the waterways are really interesting. Am I remembering correctly that you once had my pair in your hot little hands?
Compared to Cressi 2000 hfs, the waterways are better on the surface, but not so good as either of the Specialfins. I haven't tested it yet, but I suspect that the hybrids will beat the waterways when swimming absolutelly flat to the surface. I don't really have much problem in this area, so the waterway #2 surface performance is acceptable. (Disclaimer for anybody else reading this thread: Fin performance is EXTREMELY individual, your results may differ from mine)
I've done just a little pool testing with very surprising results. For me, the waterways are actually faster(both in sprint and 200 yards pushing hard) and have better acceleration. They feel (very subjective) more efficient at slow speeds. Some of this doesn't seem logical to me and I need to do a lot more testing before making any conclusions, but it has been fun so far. I'm real curious to see if the #1s are even better.

I thought I would be able to overpower the #2s with extra hard kicks, but seems like I can't.

Connor

Last edited:
So has anyone tried leaderfins spearfishing fins? Either stereofins classic, stereofins 2006, or the algas?

So has anyone tried leaderfins spearfishing fins? Either stereofins classic, stereofins 2006, or the algas?

:confused: yes i would like to know this as well has any one compared leaderfins vs specialfins ? curious to see the differences and similarities I have read all this posts and i still cant find a suitable fin with a decent price. I took into consideration the BAT's however they have no angle i hear for surface swimming and I'm looking for blades with angles and are made of fiberglass I'm also 5'6 120lbs so I'm thinking a medium stiffness will suit me well what do you guys recommend? oh i currently have the cressi 2000 hf's they hurt after long hours of surface swimming :hungover i too have to sometimes swim sideways! if any 1 can input something plz do!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT