• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fins for beiginner

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi all,

Thanks for your comments and advises.
I think i won't do that and will try 3000 for a while.
If i could not handle it, maybe give it to someone who needs it.

Thanks again.

Spearmantw

i got my gara 3000 as first long blade fins and after few dive they was no pain anymore. after a year i developed my surface swimming technique and now i can go faster than anybody in my spearing group with minimum effort...

so keep practicing with them. The only thing i do not like them about is they are not stable on underwater horizontal swimming since they don't have rail or so when i kick hard they move sideways instead of flip movement. May be i need to improve my technique also on that one.

Hi guys/gils.
I'm planning to buy a pair of new fins and I've narrowed my choices to these two models: OMER Millennium (Green or Black) and Imersion Esclapez Black. If anyone has used these fins I would be very happy to hear some pros and cons. The price of both models is the same where I live. I do shallow reef hunting and I have never gone below 10 meters (hopefully 15 this summer).
I've red that long thread about fins, but most of the info there is about carbon or composite fins, which I find too expensive for a beginner like myself.
Any info would be greatly appreciated 

If you are doing mainly reef and shallow water work then try and get the Millennium "winter" model it is slightly softer and may suit you better.

Dobs.....
i have the omer milleniums(the black ones) and they are awesome!!! at the time they were the only ones available at the dive shop near me so i dont know how they compare by price but they are def awesome fins. The foot pocket was somewhat hard and after a few hours in the ocean i had mega blisters, but ive been using socks since then (as people say you should do anyway) and have had no problems at all!!. Great fins!

Last edited:
And what about the difference between the green OMERs and the black ones. Is it only the colour or the stiffness is different too? I know Millennium Competition are stiffer than the black OMER Millennium but what about the green? Where do they come in the line?

All done guys! I bought me a pair of OMER Millenium Blacks. Looking forward to try them next weekend!

OMER Millenium Black=Stiffest, Green=Less stiff Grey=Even less stiff.

well done.. just be sure to wear sock or somethign underneath or they will tear the crap outta your achilles..other than that they are great!!

yo murat.. any idea where th mimetic blades fit in with stiffness??

Which mimetics? Bats? Euro line Bats? Oceanic line bats? Bats short? They are all mimetic... Or old plastic tuna mimetic?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT