• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First 2008 Spearo BBQ

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Venues are tuff for this so i may have it @ my house ala foxfish.

Number's will be crucial for parking's sake.

John - How about the Nothe Gardens which has BBQ areas, the Bill has plenty of rocks, Chesil Beach carpark and BBQ east side/black hut, Burton Bradstock if the winds in the East, Ringstead has plenty of room, Tyneham/Warbarrow Bay - just a few ideas :)

Or you could all come back to my place, but it’s a 160 mile round trip, I know that most of you lot unlike me wouldn’t drive to the ends of the Earth for a sausage in a roll.:):):)
uuuuuuummmmmm sausage roll……..:p:p:p

John - How about the Nothe Gardens which has BBQ areas, the Bill has plenty of rocks, Chesil Beach carpark and BBQ east side/black hut, Burton Bradstock if the winds in the East, Ringstead has plenty of room, Tyneham/Warbarrow Bay - just a few ideas

Wow quite a lot of venues John.Any preference for anybody as the BBQ kit will have to be arranged as well as the food.

John; there used to be purpose built BBQ's at the Nothe and I seem to think along Preston Beach Rd as well, just past the skate board park.. So all we would need is a bag of charcoal and a tent, because the weather is bound to be crap!!! ;)

I will have a sniff around the weekend...

I'm up for it guys - would be good to put a few more faces to names this summer!

Preston Beach only has 1 wrecked BBQ and the Nothe is the same, but plenty of room up at the Nothe to put up a couple of our own BBQ's :) May be difficult parking if a nice day.

Which makes me think we could all tuck in the far corner of the Chesil Beach carpark or even across the road on the beach East Ham/Black Hut (it's not there anymore!) which will be excellent for the collection of boats and ample parking.... :)

Ben has another idea and if I can remember I will chase it up, but this will also have parking problems...

OK time to get this started again.We do need to find a location for the bbq with good parking.We could just use disposable bbq's so the need to bring one or find one is nil.

How about the car park behind Portland Castle on the grass bank there.Plenty of room?

All suggestions welcome.

Any offers of food also welcome.

Ben knows a geezer who owns a beach near there.. I wonder if he will let us use it as a bbq site...?(hint:)). If not the around nothe is cool, Castle Cove is also nice , and perhaps abit more sheltered and you can drive right down there practically, also you don't have to pay for the pleasure of parking :head. See you all at the end of May! PS if anyone gets the fish of the month on the day it will be legendary!

Sounds good. Can we moor up the Sunseeker there? Might bring it out for the day!rofl Oh, forgot..the crew are on holiday that week, we'll have to bring the inflatable instead!

What's the chances of camping there John? Could stay overnight and do a dawn bass raid the next morn?

Ben

Not too sure who the land belongs too.

I will see if there are any No Camping signs there.

Plenty of room no car parking charges and a pub or 2 near by:)

Last edited:
Just found this thread.. im provisionally up for it (pending work) but will help where I can whatever. Even if I cant make it i'll offer my boat up for use, hows that for nice.. as long as your car has a tow hook should be fine (4m inflatable and 20hp outboard.)

As for food and bbq’s if we use disposable units then we could just bring our own, instead of bring a bottle it’ll be bring a bbq and a sausage sort of thing.

That sounds like a good plan, especially as there may be a lot of people, unless anyone has a BIG bbq we could use? Probably less mess that way and a bit less space needed, just have to transport it, which if im off im happy to help with, but as said not sure if i'll be off yet.

Well as sodding normal I am off to sea and will miss this.. I have a large BBQ that is easy to move if anybody wants to look after it for a few days, Venue wise I would say Aberdeen or Norway sounds good for me!

The Nothe gardens are nice and you can have a dip while your waiting for your blackend offerings!

Yeah im up for Norway.. can we all hitch a lift.. dont fancy making that trip in the inflatable. lol

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT