• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First UCB world record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bevan dewar

Sep 26, 2001
22/06/04

Peter Pedersen of Denmark became the first person to officially set a record in the modality of 'Unashamed Cocstant Ballast'

The dive to 26m took 1:00.

Mr Pedersen said he was very much enjoying his stay in Dahab and that the tepid waters of the Red Sea helped to significantly shrink his drag co-efficient.

Peter has long been a fan of this 'purest of pure' disciplines and hopes to see it grow in popularity, especially in the female ranks.

Attachments

• ucb1.jpg
    ucb1.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 676
Reactions: CEngelbrecht
Look what you made him do Bevan... You gave him alcohol and made him swim naked:p

I just wanted to point out that I regard myself the record holder in this discipline in freshwater. As the record was set in Lake Millstaetter See the "drag factor" was even smaller. Thus photographical proof cannot be provided in order to keep a myth alive.

LOL, ROFL!

I cannot wait for the ladies' reactions!
"drag factor" LOL

BTW considering The purest of the pure, I say dive one has to dive without mask too!

Chears!

Kars

Unholy Constat Ballast

Congratulations!
I'm glad Peter had made it finally, I know he trained "long & hard". :D

Now I wish I had stayed a bit longer in Dahab, just enough to see the reaction on Katrina's face. :)

Reactions: Alun
rofl rofl rofl rofl

I'm probably going to get fired for this, since I read it at work. Still, it's worth it.

As a "Mike" rather than a "Peter", I'm afraid that I'm not qualified to follow in Mr. Pedersen's footsteps, but I think that any freedivers named "Richard" might have a shot at it.

Did he breathe up lying on his back?

"Did he breathe up lying on his back?" - by Pezman

BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

It's stunning the image where, without pressing made by money goers, stopping made by envious, mess made by unaccetpting we nude were born and nude will get back, shows a totally free (I set it's done without mask, if not I will mark a new free diving box :) attempt do dive free under the sea.

It's nice to watch, absolutely not to blame, not spurting out barrack comments involving females, it's absolutely pure. If women wants to join, I suppose this is a really deep (not only under the side of water depth) issue. Females often are deeper than us, it's a pity to admit it, but this fact has lot of verifyed reason at its side.

What do you think? I hope some new major record will be set this way, both male and female, what do you think, about?

well they couldnt exactly broadcast it over the tv networks as family enjoyment, might cause too many problems, especially around the religous sects, but as a private type of freedive competition, i see nothing wrong with it !

I claim the record for cold water UCW world record: 16m in 11C water.

And my name is also …. Peter.

rofl rofl

The next question for Peter Pedersen is: How vasoconstricted was he? :ban

In that case, I claim UCW world record without any (no mask, no rope) equipment of 20m (previously known location) :thankyou . Unfortunately, I had no witnesses (maybe fortunately for them rofl ).

My name is not Peter, and I was moderately vasoconstricted rofl.

in the nordic deep competition last year in sweden we hade viking challenge - diving only in your swimminggear. allthough one competitor, kurt(also from denmark) did not bring his swimminggear and therefor had to dive all nude. you have to count in big amounts of stinging jellyfish, a laughing crowd(yes it was really crowded) and 20 degree water on surface rapidly getting colder down in depth. his result? 20 meters!

thats unashamed at its best!

larsemil said:
kurt(also from denmark) did not bring his swimminggear and therefor had to dive all nude... big amounts of stinging jellyfish, a laughing crowd(yes it was really crowded)...

full monty and stinging jellyfish... i wonder how that contributes to... vasoconstriction ?rofl

With jellyfish around i'm sure I could vasoconstrict quite a bit.

first time i have seen this thread, very impressed with the cocstant ballast indeed! rofl rofl

i did that to at new years eve! i managed like 45 seconds.. wich was 20 seconds more than anyone else. i´ve been thinking about it and i still think i would have managed better if i was not in a sauna before getting wet. allthough unashamed is the freediving of the 21st century!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT