• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Flashers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Do you use a flasher?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • What's a Flasher?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Cool Flasher

hi

I had a good flasher once only it got heaps tangled up. I got a few pieces of Aluminium and cut them out to a leaf shape I buffed and shined them up tied them on the line. Then inbetween them I had wine bag strips and tied them on it was awsome the wine bag strips were heaps shiny and the alloy made noise the Spanish Mackeral loved it. Only problem it kept getting tangled in the boat. Im gonna make a new simple one which will just have a few wine bag strips and a big mirror on the bottom. I heard this design works good with Dog tooth Tuna also the crushed Coke can. Also how many of you guys have speared a DTT ive found them hard to find.

cheers

Hi Andrew ,please tell me more about the coke cans .:confused:
We have to go to Mozambique to get Doggies , at home only get Yellowfins .Haven't landed any big ones yet , put a spear into a +/- 50 kg. fish but got taken out by some Bulls .:head

Coke Cans

Hi

You havent heard of the coke can thing. Get a coke can crush it flat then get to a good drop off and drop it it sinks with a fluttering motion and sometimes can be irresistable to Doggies. The sun reflects of the can we usually let them get to around 50 to 60ft and retrieve them. Also a crushed beer can supposedly works good on wahoo haven't tried that though. Anyway thats basically it cheap and effective.

cheers

Ps sometimes sharks munch the can so watch out

Gee , I don't know Andrew . Sounds like you probably spend a lot of time doing very deep dives to retrieve the litter .rofl
Do you get Rosy Jobfish as well ?

hi

LOL it aint that deep, yes we do get rosy job fish but they are generally at 130ft plus so cant dive that deep.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT