• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

florida freedivers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Myself and a buddy are driving over to Troy from Jacksonville on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, we both have obligations for the afternoon, so we plan to dive from around 9-12. Hopefully, by diving early, the bubble blowers won't have shown up either. So, anyone who feels like getting up early, please join us!

Ryan Cole

Re: florida freedivers : Monday 29th January ?

Connor,
Damn it ! My business dinner on Sunday evening in Miami has been confirmed. :head
More work and more Champagne to drink, but unfortunately no diving in Warm Mineral Springs any more as it doesn't seem to make much sense to drive back all the way from South Beach (where I will stay on Sunday evening) to North Port on Monday.... That would be a bit far, no ? Like over 3 hours ? Next time I am around I hope. Sorry again and thank you for al your help.

But my offer for a bottle of Champagne :friday remains valid. Would anyone be open for some free-diving South of Miami on Monday 29th January ? I haven't enough homework yet but it seems like the Keys are not too far, right ? I can rent a car if needed.

A bientot !

Fred /Suzukisan

Fred,
If you don't find someone to dive with on Monday the 29th, maybe try a scuba charter from Key Largo. Just tell them you want to tag along and snorkel. There's some excellent diving to be done in the area.

Cheers,
Aaron

Oh well, but that is the right decision.

Wish I could go with you. I've spent many happy hours spearfishing from Elliot Key south. Once a upon a time I knew much of the area pretty well.

Connor

Does anyone know if Blue springs in Orange City is open for diving right now? I'm gonna be over there on Wednesday...

Aaron

Re: florida freedivers - anyone for Monday 29th ?

Flyboy,

Thanks for the tip. I'd rather be with a buddy in order to dive to 80 feet or more in total security (or spearfishing, but that wouldn't be as deep).
Are charters really OK with letting people free-dive ? Snorkel I understand but free-dive I am a bit surprised.

Otherwise I might as well go scuba-diving and enjoy the scenery down below...

I am going to do a bit of homework and check out the clubs. I'll be staying at the Ritz-carlton Coconut Grove. My feeling is that the best thing to do would be to rent a car and drive south to the Keys, and go from there. Am I right ?
Thanks again !

Fred

does anyone know of any freediving/apnea courses in the st. pete/tampa/clearwater area. I've been searching around but can't seem to find any. I appreciate any feedback, thanks.

does anyone know of any freediving/apnea courses in the st. pete/tampa/clearwater area. I've been searching around but can't seem to find any. I appreciate any feedback, thanks.

The only one I know of for sure in Florida or the southeast for that matter is the PFD course in Miami. I think some of the scuba agencies have freediving specialties but don't know anything about them. Hope that helps a little.

Fred,

It looks like you will be at the Lutgert estate (Simone and Scott) representing Chateau Latour with the theme, "Le Jardin".

The Lutgerts are a fine established name here in Naples. I almost built a home for one of the Lutgert family about four years ago when the contracted builder wanted to subcontract the job to me.

Jim

:)

Hi Jim,

The programme which I have received says that I will be attending this private dinner (on Friday) : "Cultured Affair" Dinner, hosted by Suzanne & Bob Chute, with the wines of Veuve Clicquot and Domaine J. L. Chave and the meal prepared by Andrew Carmellini of A Voce. But I wouldn't mind getting some Chateau Latour...
See you on Friday (I'll be arriving midday, in the middle of the event).

Fred

I stand corrected. My program was incomplete and I only noticed one vintner with the name Frederic and assumed it had to be you.

Although I am sure the food and wine will be heavenly at each of the dinners, .................at $7,500 per couple, Diane and I have opted to dine in one of Naples' fine local restraunts.

See you there!

Jim

:)

Last edited:
Hi Jim,

Where were you ? I tried to look for you but couldn't find you among all the attendees.... I must admit that I was a tad busy meeting chefs, sommeliers and other friends that I hadn't seen in a long time.
Were you at the auction yesterday ? Did you manage to drink some La Grande Dame 1996 ?
I arrived in Miami a cople of hours ago. I met a nice and attractive young lady :inlove while in LA she has a boat here in Florida, and she wants to take me out tomorrow for freediving. But with the wind blowing I am afraid it will be difficult. Plus my nose is still congested from a bad flue I caught between LA and Chicago (I don't want to blame the drinking...). We'll see......;;

Fred

Volusia Blue Springs is reopened to divers. There will be a gruop of freedivers there on Saterday, March 17. Come and join us.

Volusia Blue Springs is reopened to divers. There will be a gruop of freedivers there on Saterday, March 17. Come and join us.

Did anyone make it? I stayed until about 10 but no one showed by that time.

been a while since anyone's posted to this thread, but i'm heading to
Troy Springs tomorrow for a couple hours of diving. Plan on arriving around 11:00 am, so if anyone's interested come on out!

Regards,

ryan cole

Ryan,

Thanks for the post - I did not see it until it was too late. How was the viz and depth at Troy?

Thanks,

Scott

Hey Scott,

Water level was down a little bit further than usual. Unfortunately, I forgot my D3 so I don't have an exact reading. The park ranger said 70 ft to the bottom when I called on Friday, but my guess is it was closer to 60-65. Visiblity was top to bottom when I first arrived (10:30), but by noon the contingency of bathers had shown up, and kicked a bunch of sand around, so it dropped slightly. Sorry you didn't see the post sooner, it would have been nice to see you out there. There's always next time.

Regards,

RC

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT