• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

florida freedivers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Breathless,

I don't think that I can make it to North Florida during your time there, but I would recommend Cypress, Morrison and Vortex Springs if you get the chance. Three of my favorite springs in the state. Let me know if you need any info on these springs.

Hope that you get a chance to dive some springs!

Scott

P.S. I may be going to Kauai in June - do you know how the freediving is there?

ANYONE IN NORTH EAST FLORIDA!!!!

Me and a few buddies are looking to start a club out of jacksonville, or at the very least find some guys to fill the boat with! I posted a thread about it in the spearo section.

We are thinking that the First Coast Freedivers has a pretty nice ring to it. Post or send me an email of anyone is interested.

Best,

Ryan Davis

punta gorda?

i have a place to go any time down in punta gorda and i am thinking of taking a trip before the season starts here to get dome diving in and get back into shape. can anyone tell me about this area? I think it would be great to come and play in some warm water.
lance

scott said:
Breathless,

I don't think that I can make it to North Florida during your time there, but I would recommend Cypress, Morrison and Vortex Springs if you get the chance. Three of my favorite springs in the state. Let me know if you need any info on these springs.

Hope that you get a chance to dive some springs!

Scott

P.S. I may be going to Kauai in June - do you know how the freediving is there?

Hi Scott,

I'm thinking about visiting springs in april/may, so, any information and recommendations on best springs for freediving would be great :) Can you post it here by chance?

Nick

khel said:
Hi Scott,

I'm thinking about visiting springs in april/may, so, any information and recommendations on best springs for freediving would be great :) Can you post it here by chance?

Nick

Troy Springs State Park should be at the top of your list! Most don't have reasonable depth from OW. It's a sink that flows directly into the Suwannee and has a large basin. An old paddle wheeler lies partially buried in the spring run. Max depth is 80-85. You may be able to install a descent/ascent line w/float ball but might want to check with the ranger. As always vis. is dependent on the amount of rain so check again before you come down. It was clear several months ago but before that was brown and totally blown out for a long time.

Nick,

I agree with MKDVR about Troy. If you are in that area (along the Suwannee River), Orange Grove Sink at Peacock Springs also has good depths (~60'-70' until go into the cave) and Ellaville Spring can be a fun dive if the water is clear (a narrow fissure spring).

If you are more in the panhandle, Morrison and Vortex have nice depths before the caverns/caves.

In Central Forlida, Blue Springs in Volusia County offers the best depths.

Let me know what part of the state that you plan on visiting and we can give you more details.

I plan on doing alot of diving in May so perhaps we can hook up.

Thanks,

Scott

scott said:
Nick,

I agree with MKDVR about Troy. If you are in that area (along the Suwannee River), Orange Grove Sink at Peacock Springs also has good depths (~60'-70' until go into the cave) and Ellaville Spring can be a fun dive if the water is clear (a narrow fissure spring).

If you are more in the panhandle, Morrison and Vortex have nice depths before the caverns/caves.

In Central Forlida, Blue Springs in Volusia County offers the best depths.

Let me know what part of the state that you plan on visiting and we can give you more details.

I plan on doing alot of diving in May so perhaps we can hook up.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm not sure myself where exactly I'll go. So far I'm just browsing and collecting information on best places to visit. The only thing for sure, I'd like to dive springs and reefs during my vacation :)

And it'd be great if we could hook up for some diving.

Nick

scott said:
If you are interested in potentially diving in Florida with others on these forums, please post a note and subscribe to this thread and we'll post upcoming dive trips and you can post your trips as well. For you old-timers who posted to the original thread, please post again to get your name on this new list (if you're still interested).

Hi
I am an avid scuba diver interested in getting into freediving.
I am in fairly decent shape. dont smoke. less than 10 lbs overweight. do cardio weekly.
Currently living in Coral Springs, Florida.
Looking for people to freedive with and for training options.

Connor,

Can't make it on there 23rd, but plan on being there on the 22nd in the A.M.

Scott

P.S. Anyone heard from Jeff lately?

Hey guys-
Anyone diving Blue Spring this Saturday June 3rd? I will be there for the day and hope to get some diving in.
Jim

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Glad to see a lot of Florida guys here on db. I live in St. Pete and hopefully I can meet up with some of you guys and freedive/spearfish our great state.

Hi Freedive,

Welcome to DB; it is an endlessly fascinating and friendly place.

I'm right down the road from you, don't do much spearfishing in Florida any more, but if you are interested in a Blue Springs trip, we will be getting one together before much longer.

Connor

Any of you guys know of some nice beach dives near Palm Beach? Just moved here from Ohio and am looking for some divers and locations. Also if you know of any good deals on kayaks I'm in the market for a couple of those as well! Thanks!

Trt a Google search for "freediving, Palm Beach" . That will bring up a bunch of stuff.

Have fun

Connor

Troy, Peacock, Etc...

While it is late notice, I'll be camping in the Troy Springs area this weekend (9/30/06) and hitting as many springs as I can on Saturday/Sunday. If anyone is interested, let me know (as I won't have internet access after Friday night, my cell phone is 407-496-7981).

Thanks,

Scott

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT