• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Foot Pockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon

Dairyland diver
Supporter
Apr 7, 2001
I am not sure if this thread would be better placed in the Freediving equipment section, but I have decided to post it here since it goes along with the fin line up thread.

Fred asked me to post some pictures of foot pockets. Here are the pockets that I compared: OMER, Spetton, Picasso, and Sporasub.

Last edited:
I'll start with the OMER.

Here is a shot from the top.

I only have OMER foot pockets on my monofin, so the pictures aren't exactly the same as someone who has OMER pockets on their bI-fins.

Jon

Last edited:
Here's a shot of the same foot pocket from the bottom.

You can see the detail work that Special Fins did when they mounted them onto the monofin. I have been very impressed with the quality of their bi-fins and monofins.

Jon

Last edited:
Here's a shot from the side. I know that it doesn't show too much, but it was hard to hold up a monofin and try and get the picture at the same time. I had an easier time with the bi-fins when it came to the side shot.

Jon

Last edited:
Next are my old Picasso Black Team's.

You can tell that you would have to do some drilling to get other blades to fit into these foot pockets because of the difference in hole patterns. These are a very stiff pocket and I really liked them, until I got spoiled by going to carbon fiber.;)

Jon

Last edited:
Here's a shot of the Picasso from the bottom.

Both the OMER's and the Picasso's are 42-44. I can get a 3mm sock into the Picasso's and a 6mm sock into the OMER's.

jon

Last edited:
Next up are the Spetton's.

These pockets are sized a little differently than the rest of mine. These are a size 43-45. I only wear these with a 6mm sock on, and even then they are still a bit too loose.

These are my winter fins since I don't go deep, for me;) , in the winter time. Plus, I also want the warmest feet I can possibly have.

These pockets have a loose fit around the heel- like an Esclapez. My other foot pockets do a much better job of holding my heel in place.

Jon

Last edited:
Here's a shot of the Spetton's form the bottom. You can see the size marked right on it. While they may fit a little bit on the loose side, my feet have never gotten cold in the winter time, even when ice diving, while wearing these fins, along with a 6mm OMER sock.

Jon

Last edited:
Last up is my favorite- the Sporasub's.

These are simply the most comfortable footpockets that I have ever used. I have them on a couple pairs of my fins and I even bought an extra pair that I will keep in reserve in case I ever find another blade that can top my C4's.

These pockets just seem to hold tight in the right places and give where their supposed to.

When Ted switched his Specialfins to a Sporasub pockets, from the OMER's that they came with, they became a whole new set of fins.

Jon

Last edited:
Here's a shot of the Sporasub's from the bottom.

Jon

Last edited:
Here is one last shot of the fins from the side. They go, in order from left to right, Sporasub, Picasso, and Spetton. I couldn't get the OMER pocket into this shot since it was mounted on a monofin.

Jon

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT