• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For a living?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
KARS,

great to get a nice offer like that, if i were u take a one way ticket and go for it.........easier said than done i know........been tryin to do the same for the last couple of months........hehehe

i had promised my self never to go back to finance but here i am...... : ( and its just cuz of my need for cash....... i hope it wont take too much time till i get outta here and go back to the hot climates at the beach to get a simple job there.......

Amr

- one dollar at the beach better than 10 in the office -

I work as a rental car manager at DFW airport and distribute the car fleet around the metroplex and across the state. I have about 120 employees that report to me directly, which is quite overwhelming. Most of them are retired senior citizens, which is pretty cool, like having 100 grandparents working for you.

Ken

LioKai...USCG 100 ton masters licence here. Naui Master Diver but willing to upgrade! I actually have been entertaining an offer by the Hawaiian schools to move there to teach science after completing my schooling(about a year left)...maybe I could get a jump.

Right now I run a 41 ft Hatteras full time charter boat as well as a 54 Bertram and 35 cabo on the side(private boats with deeper pockets:D )

I make my living taking people on freedive spearfishing expeditions to the Enchanted Islands in Baja Ca.

4 days per trip twice per month on the dead tide.

http://www.gonetobaja.com

Before this I cleaned boat hulls (Sucked)

So far Im still current on my house payment...

GTB

Attachments

• dinner for 20.jpg
    dinner for 20.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
gonetobaja

That's what I'm talking about!
I was proud of the 20inch barred sandbass I got this morning...
before I saw that picture.

A 20" barred sand bass is a big fish for that type. Probably a little harder to sneak up on also.

The guy with the thumbs up is John Morozumi from Norther CA. He usualy dives low vis cold water for lingcod and abalone. This was the biggest fish he ever got(Im pretty sure). After he got this one he didnt shoot anything for the rest of the trip.

He kept saying "I saw alot of fish, just nothing big..."

Got a big tip on that trip.

GTB

Heres another spotted grouper from the same trip

Attachments

• picture 104.jpg
    picture 104.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 171
I just scoped your site, pretty nice.
Looks like it's stress free for the people and
since you drive they can bring home the fish.

I'm going to write one of your trips on my christmas list.

I have 2 helpers and an extra boat that go out with us. Everyday we fillet the fish and put them on Ice.

Its always a better trip when you can share some fried fish with your friends...

Hope to see you down here!

GTB

Originally posted by rigdvr
LioKai...USCG 100 ton masters licence here. Naui Master Diver but willing to upgrade! I actually have been entertaining an offer by the Hawaiian schools to move there to teach science after completing my schooling(about a year left)...maybe I could get a jump.

Right now I run a 41 ft Hatteras full time charter boat as well as a 54 Bertram and 35 cabo on the side(private boats with deeper pockets:D )

Aloha Rig!
Coming from the Gulf of Mexico, you are VERY over-qualified to be a capt. in Kona waters.

Where in Hawaii (Island and town) were you thinking of teaching?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT