• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For Sale - Weight molds

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Is this a product that interests you?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I will pass on the info

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is a great deal of history in all of my moulds and a story behind the design of almost every one. I have even included a section in my memoirs devoted to weight moulds.
Hello lpojibwa,

Where can we read those memoirs? Sounds like it might be an interesting read.

What about some neck weight moulds? Have a look at the one in this thread http://forums.deeperblue.com/freediving-equipment/81834-different-neckweight.html (and I do not mean the one from myself, but perhaps something in the way of the one from Sgnips). Just it would be good if it allowed for some weight fine-tuning - some form of attaching smaller subweights. However, I am afraid it is commercially uninteresting, and frankly told, even if you had a perfect one, I am not sure if you'd manage to sell any at all, so don't waste your time on it unless you find some takers for it.

BTW, if you want some boost in promoting your moulds, feel free to submit an avertising banner on my website. I display 200,000-400,000 banners monthly free of any charge.

Hello lpojibwa,

Where can we read those memoirs? Sounds like it might be an interesting read.

What about some neck weight moulds? Have a look at the one in this thread http://forums.deeperblue.com/freediving-equipment/81834-different-neckweight.html (and I do not mean the one from myself, but perhaps something in the way of the one from Sgnips). Just it would be good if it allowed for some weight fine-tuning - some form of attaching smaller subweights. However, I am afraid it is commercially uninteresting, and frankly told, even if you had a perfect one, I am not sure if you'd manage to sell any at all, so don't waste your time on it unless you find some takers for it.

BTW, if you want some boost in promoting your moulds, feel free to submit an avertising banner on my website. I display 200,000-400,000 banners monthly free of any charge.

Hi Trux:
I have been in this game since 1964 and this is the first time I have ever heard of neck weights. You have to be pulling my leg or something. To be honest, I have been more in tuned with SCUBA then freediving so I might have missed something.

I do have an 8 oz ankle weight mould. It is #19 in the photo that I have posted and it has one of the more interesting stories attached.

I don't think I will be designing any more patterns as they take so much time to fabricate. Everything is done by hand (i.e. no CNC equipment used). I am about to release a new mould (probably my last). There are actually two moulds with the same profile. It is aimed at the freediver and it came about when some one showed me a photo of what he thought was the best design he had ever seen. When I examined it closely, I thought it was not possible for me to make it by hand.

I get my best ideas while I am asleep and an idea hit me one night as to how to make the mould. I have been working on it since before Christmas and it is now at the foundry being cast.

This is how I have filled my memoirs with mould stories.

If you would like to read them, send your E-Mail to logicdesign@rogers.com and I will send you that section.

Thanks for your interest.

Leo

hi, sorry I am not meaning to be bad for your business, I just think folks need to be aware of the supposed risks.Can you post some advice on casting with lead.What should you use to melt the lead(see there are commercially available smelters) , what do you recommend?What gear should you use to stay as safe as possible etc?

Hi Jon:
Nothing to be sorry about. You have every right to be concerned.
When I sell a mould, I send four pages of instructions with it and stress safety.
In all of my years, I have seen every conceivable type of accident. The worst is when people don't take me seriously when I say molten lead and moisture (i.e. water) don't mix. I have spent hours plucking lead out of shirts, pants, bare arms, chests, faces and hair. It is not a fun thing to do.

Can you elaborate on your new mould? Maybe just some sketches or something? Since you said it was primarily for freedivers, I'm sure that I am not the only one interested!

Can you elaborate on your new mould? Maybe just some sketches or something? Since you said it was primarily for freedivers, I'm sure that I am not the only one interested!

The two new moulds will produce weights that have exactly the same profile and that being that of an air foil. The shape was suggested to me by a fellow on Deeperblue. He directed me to the site of OCEAN HUNTER who manufactures the same style. They will be offered in two sizes; a 1.7 pound and a 2.5 pound. The bigest difference between the OCEAN HUNTER design and mine will be the face of the cast weights. The words "OCEAN HUNTER" are deeply embossed on the face of the OH weights whereas the weights that will come from my moulds will have a smooth face with nothing embossed. In addition, the belt slot is so positioned so as to cause the weight to curve into the body at the bottom when worn. I cannot imagine a more hydrodynamic shape. When it is ready, I will be announcing it on this board. Have a look at the attached photo of the prototype of the 2.5 pound weight.

Attachments

• wedge weight.jpg
    wedge weight.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 150
I have seen guys in western Australia wear this style. I can post a image if you like ?
I would be interested as well.
Thanks, Don Paul

I have seen guys in western Australia wear this style. I can post a image if you like ?
I would be interested as well.
Thanks, Don Paul

Hi Don:
Before posting an image, I would like to have the end product. They should be available by the end of March (2010).
Send your E-Mail to logicdesign@rogers.com and I will put you on my list.
Thanks.
Leo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT