• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving for the masses or underground

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Freediving for the masses or underground?

• As widely popular as football (soccer)

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Underground to death

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • A bit of both like triathlon

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
Gerard
You don't actually have to take part in freediving to buy the merch. and strut around with a freediving branded T-shirt.

For example : Lots of surfie kids over here who wear the gear (street wear accounts for the majority of sports sales....) but have never been surfing.

Coolness by association. The marketing people know what they are doing and that worries me ! Hope they dont' focus on freediving.

Ed

No I dont think it will ever be the next big thing but I would like to see it grow in popularity, even if its just the snorkeling side, at the end of the day all the gear we use is manufactured to apeal to a market and while the market is small the choice of gear will also be small and expensive to go with it :( If however the market grew, there would be alot more choice at better prices :) OK there would also be a lot of dross but as with all things some good stuff too.
I also think that seeing how 7/10 s of the planet is a bit on the damp side, its a shame that more people dont get to experience it to any degree but how much coral prodding as a result would be anyones guess :(

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT