• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Media Base & Apnea Training Manager

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
trux, I added a new web page into catalog, but e-mail address in query has maximum length of 10 characters. Happy man having 10-character e-mail :)

trux, I added a new web page into catalog, but e-mail address in query has maximum length of 10 characters. Happy man having 10-character e-mail :)
Sorry, for that. It was a typo - there ought to be 100 instead of 10. It is fixed now. Thanks for the feedback! - that's exactly what I need. There are still certainly many of such glitches, but I do not have the chance to catch them all alone.

BTW, I saw the link you added, and although I agree that Kurt Amsler is an excellent UW photographer, I hesitate adding him to the Media Base, because unlike all the other photographers listed there, I do not think he actually makes his photos on apnea, and also did not find any freediving section on his website. If you are sure of the contrary, please let me know. Thanks anyway for the effort, it is appreciated!

Contest Winners

OK, so the closing time for the contest announced earlier is now over. The winners are:
  1. Jorg :king for numerous valuable Freediving Media Base submissions
    (upgraded to the PRO account type for a year to come).
  2. Peka :thankyou for exercises added to the Apnea Training Manager and an entry in the Media Base (and also for the bug reports)
    (upgraded to two years of the Standard subscription)
The third place remains unawarded, although Shoutatthesky was close. However, I'll certainly find ways to reward good contributors even in future, so nothing is lost.

Thanks guys for the participation! And please keep patient with some of the missing PRO/STD features, but I am adding them continuously.

Wow! That's the first time I win something myself! I feel honored, thanks Trux! Really appreciate it.

Thanks Trux, I had to read previos pages of this discussion to find why and what I won. Really surprised. Thanks.

Trux, I found some bugs, could you give me your e-mail? I will send you them with screenshots. You have my e-mail in apnea.cz profile.

Trux, I found some bugs, could you give me your e-mail? I will send you them with screenshots. You have my e-mail in apnea.cz profile.
Yeah, it is on its way, but I am just heading off of the door for the weekend to do some real diving instead of just watching the screen, so I'll not reply before Monday.

Although i did find a freediver in my country, i can't find any proper way to contact him.

:/

p.s. country: Lithuania
OK, the Private Messaging is now completed, so you can contact other users. Simply look them up on the User Map, click their marker
divertag.png
and then click on the envelope icon to send the message. There is now also User List (without the map), where users are listed by countries. The icons work there too for sending a PM. You can also browse individual user profiles - check out for example the one of Evita.

If you click the "unregistered" link on the User List page, you will see also locations of users who did not complete the registration yet (mostly they failed the quiz). There are a few of them in Lithuania, but unfortunately, you cannot contact those users until they pass the quiz and finish the registration.

There are also a bunch of other new features and functions. As usually, I write them down into the Changelog. Others are still in work.

I registered but it didn't allow me to enter - username bluprojekt

I registered but it didn't allow me to enter - username bluprojekt
I see the server behaves abnormally today, but I am out of my office and cannot do any investigation until at least tomorrow. I'll check it then and let you know.

Hey Everyone Im New To The Sight But I Was Wondering If Or How I Could Post Some Of My Free Diving Photos From Here In Miami Fl. In The Gallery?? If You Could Please Send Me A Message How Thanks...

If you speak about the APNEA.cz website, then currently it does not have any gallery for users (though it is in plan too). Currently, you only can upload your photo in your user profile, or add an external URL to the Apnea Media Base.

If you rather speak about the DeeperBlue.net gallery, then this thread is not the best place to ask. If you have problems registering in the Gallery, you best post in the Support section of this forum, and describe where exactly you encountered problems during the registration, login, or photo upload.

Back to Cliff Etzel and another user who contacted me by PM - I actually believe the registration is broken right now - I did not see any new registrations since 3 days, which is not quite normal and I already wondered why. There is no bluprojekt in the database - did you actually pass the quiz, and complete the registration?

Right now, there are some other problems in the Media Base too - I am making some major changes, but am traveling right now, so it will take a while before I manage to complete and test them. It should not take more than 2-3 days to fix it though. I'll post here again once it is done.

Didn't even take me that far - only was able to get to the initial registration page where I entered in a username, password, date of birth, etc...

I fixed some bugs in the registration and login, so if you experienced problems previously, please try again and let me know if you encounter any complications.

There are also plenty of other new features available that I see nobody uses yet, although they were requested previously - private messaging for contacting fellow freedivers; adjusting your own location on the user map; user and support forums (that's a still a quite early beta version of an entirely newly self-developed forum software though, so there are still a lot of missing features), and lately there is also the possibility to search for users offering hosting other freedivers in their place. If you are willing to host occasionally or regularly some freedivers in your home, please log into your account, go to the Profile settings, and select one of the hosting options there (right below the address and nationality fields). You can search for other potential host in the User Map or User list by selecting hosts in the drop-down selection near the search box.

Many other changes are recorded in the changelog as usually.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one failing the test!
Well, penguinator did it on the next attempt, shortly after he posted the message above. I am sure you will do so soon too. If you read couple of DB posts related to the topics discussed in the test (hyperventilation, DCS, samba/LMC, SWB, ...), you should not have any big troubles the next time you try. There are already almost 200 freedivers who passed it, so it is certainly not impossible, although I admit it is not too easy. That's intentional, because I want that people who subscribe either know enough about those topics to pass it easily, or take some time to read about them before trying again.

And from the feedback of users who were patient enough and tried again after studying the security topics, I know that they learned things they were not aware of and were thankful for it. On the other hand, in the statistics I see also a big number of freedivers who did not come back after the first unsuccessful test. Some of them are well known in the freediving community and were possibly offended by the refusal, or lost the interest. I am sorry for it, but currently do not plan removing the test or making it considerably easier. I do not exclude though that I will slightly modify the test evaluation or modify some questions - I watch the statistics, and if I see some important discrepancies, I may decide adjusting the procedure.

Hey Trux,

No problems with failing the test. I'm not suprised I've still got things to learn.

I've tried to do the test again today and when I hit 'Submit Query' I end up back at the registration page. I've tried putting in my year of birth as 1981 and as 81, but I'm having no success either way.

Cheers,
Cam

If you are speaking about the page with the form for personal data, then make sure to watch for errors when submitting it - they are in bold red text at the top of the page. Basically there are two mandatory fields - the birth date (it does not matter if you enter 1981 or 81) and the email. If the date is correct, then most likely you are trying to use invalid email address. What error exactly are you getting?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT