• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Glaucos-freediving comic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
RPGrenade, I'm definitely no comics expert. And my last remark was rather sarcastic. I know how hard it is to produce any creative work with a group of people involved. And in general criticizing something is easier than actually producing something superior. So well lets leave it at that.
I still stand by wishing i could incorporate freediving into my comic but i can't think of how i could possibly do that.

Well I don't know about your characters, but I can give you some real-life stories.

I've met several younger swimmers, and I noticed for instance their lack of streamlining after their turns. I advised them to steam line like a monofinner does, and voila immediate results.

On another occation I was talking to Peter van den Hogenband (2 time Olympic gold meddle winner) and his trainer, and they were interested and impressed with what freedivers can do. They are using tables that look like CO2 tables, but they are not really training with an aim for 'building up CO2 tolerance'. To them it's not a clear defined goal. If I meet up with these two again, or other pro's I'll have a conversation and see how our freediving expertise can help swimmers.

Another way of introducing a freediver is have them meet an ex-swimmer, like Umberto, who explains about flow and water, and how freedivers are experts in getting into the mental state of flow.

Butterfly swimmers often train with a monofin to improve and work on their muscles.

Freediving could be the swimmer's past time. You know the place where instead of beating times the goal is enjoying themselves and their bodies underwater, relaxing after a harsh workout. etc.

Have you got a link to your comic work?

I do have a link, but isn't that far ahead as of yet so i don't suggest it really. It's meant to be kinda manga styled in the sense that there's pointless fanservice and romance included in the story (yes, i'm aware it's pointless and i do it on purpose) The comic I'm mostly proud of is Nectar of the Gods, it's about bartenders and stuff like that, not that most people here would have any interest in that. my other comics are just beginning so you shouldn't try reading them anyway.

as a reformed comic nerd and former aspiring comic artist,I would be very much inntrested in seeing your work. ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT