• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Good lineshaft setup?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
uno mas...

Here's a closer one of a 50 footer with a 1/8" braided nylon core. Same rigging as the one above.

Note the use of a piece of shrink wrap to keep it all smooooth :cool: I use 3M 5200 for the sealant, plugging the end and helping hold the tubing to the swivel after I twist it tight with stainless seizing wire. 5200 is a mess to work with but the stuff holds the World together on boats, so just have some acetone on hand for your hands. ;)

sven

Last edited:
Re: uno mas...

Originally posted by icarus pacific
, so just have some acetone on hand for your hands. ;)
Not to criticise those who are beyond karma, but last time I checked Acetone was carcinogenic...:(
I know the stuff really gives me headaches. Bad news when you have to do a job in a Gas Processing Plant that mainly deals in Coke (aka coked Coal) liquor and offgases..

Anyway... How come the float isn't bigger, Don't seabass dive when shot? Or do you stick to the small ones? :t :D

yeah well just don't bathe in the stuff and the blood cells will probably be OK. The styrene is what gets ya... Then again theres the Styron...

The float is just to help the tube hang in the water some more. With a hundred feet of it alongside, it's more of a brake to grab onto while the fish sounds and goes apeshit in the kelp, wrapping itself up. I've rarely totally stoned a WSB but they run straight for the cover and it winds itself up, so the floater is more of a leash. For open water situations I clip a Riffe inflatable(s) on the end and off I go.

sven

Last edited:
Originally posted by icarus pacific
The styrene is what gets ya...
sven

Hey, did someone just call me :t .... oh yea Sven, a little less time w/ the float lines and a little more time cleaning those grout lines.:eek:
Jay

Reactions: icarus pacific
Ya know Jay, I was taking the pictures and thinking, jeez this ain't going to look good... :mute She goes, "Naw, nobody's gonna notice", to which I said, "Just wait!.!!" :D

Man it's tough being right, huh?...:hmm

ps-elvis is talking smack about even seeing a mahi. Have a take on that happening?

sven of the SOS pad :head

Last edited:
I heard he's paying some local guy to go out and chum up this certain spot everyday wearing a wetsuit strikingly similar to his. By all reports the fish are practically eatting out of this guys hands as he quietly wispers anderson.....anderson.....anderson...;)

I don't think it'd be hard to masqerade as Anderson then and nail the tamed and fattened stuff, but I don't know that you and I do the "fruit look" well.

sven

All you gotta do to look like A is wear a snowsuit.....mountainfreaks:D
Kyle

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT