• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

GoPro Video Camera, HD Hero2... what do you think?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have a Panasonic TS-1, with a housing, and INON wet-mount wide angle lens. It's very nice, but I'm thinking of going to one of these next so I can cut down on the amount of crap that I own.

TAT7 iPhone Scuba Case - TAT7

Jon

mako1: I ordered the GoPro Outdoor edition primarily for that head strap (I was hoping that would work). My only fear was it falling off, so I think I'll order a lycra hood like you suggest. My 5mm suit has a hood, so I'm good to go for cold water.

I prefer wearing my GoPro on my head as I find I capture a bit more and also better quality footage as opposed to mounting it on on a speargun.

Initially I used the head strap as is but after loosing it (was very lucky to find it under a rock after about a 40 min search) I made up my mind to try some other ways of keeping it on my head.

I got hold of a skateboard helmet and fitted the cam to it, but as it is filled with foam was way to buoyant and made diving uncomfortable.

So I ended up with a combination of the GoPro head strap and the the chin straps of the helmet.

I cut the straps off the helmet and fixed them to the GoPro head strap with pop-rivets and stainless-steel washers. I've been using this as is for the last year or so and must say that this set-up works really well.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 272
  • in.jpg
    in.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 263
  • out.jpg
    out.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 262
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT