• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

greetings everyone

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hola. si quires hablar espanol, pues adelante. yo necesito practiar porque sino pues la perdere. la lengua espanola quiere decir.
hay mucha gente en db quien hablan espanol. ya he visto varios "postings' en castellano.
hasta luego todos
andrea

hey sara
nope havent been out of cairo for sometime, my wife cant travel around too much these days beause of the pregnancy, i am being the good husband and sticking around, dont know if ill be able to keep it up though, the peer pressure to go spearfishing is just too much :). I havent been to Dahab in While, i would love to go there and dive the canyon. Now they have a lot of diving restrictions in Dahab, in the good old days, you could dive the canyon at night, in a full moon it was amazing!! now its all about money, ive been diving for like 14 years and a dive master since 96, and they tell me i have to hire a dive guide (who practically started diving last month) and we go on an intro dive first!!! :) maybe next time i go, ill just freedive to skip all that... you coming anytime soon?

Marwan said:
hey sara
nope havent been out of cairo for sometime, my wife cant travel around too much these days beause of the pregnancy, i am being the good husband and sticking around, dont know if ill be able to keep it up though, the peer pressure to go spearfishing is just too much :). I havent been to Dahab in While, i would love to go there and dive the canyon. Now they have a lot of diving restrictions in Dahab, in the good old days, you could dive the canyon at night, in a full moon it was amazing!! now its all about money, ive been diving for like 14 years and a dive master since 96, and they tell me i have to hire a dive guide (who practically started diving last month) and we go on an intro dive first!!! :) maybe next time i go, ill just freedive to skip all that... you coming anytime soon?

rofl rofl seriously?? you need a dive guide how funny.

was thinking about next year, girls week in may to finish my instructor course.. let's see :)

cool, good luck on your course, let me know, maybe ill be there...
cheers

sara, are you talking aboutgirls week with lotta and linda? or are you on about something else completely...?

as for having a dive guide iin dahab (i live and work here), yes its true, you have to go with one unless you are a local, ie live and work in dahab.
but they wont take you for an intro if you are a quailified diver. not even a check dive if you have a logged dive in the last six months.
and as for night dives at the canyon.. they are still on. probably a lot more expensive than they were 15 years ago.. but then again, what isnt? also, the canyon itself does not look the way it did 15 years ago. not even what it looked like 2 years ago.
drea

drea said:
sara, are you talking aboutgirls week with lotta and linda? or are you on about something else completely...?

as for having a dive guide iin dahab (i live and work here), yes its true, you have to go with one unless you are a local, ie live and work in dahab.
but they wont take you for an intro if you are a quailified diver. not even a check dive if you have a logged dive in the last six months.
and as for night dives at the canyon.. they are still on. probably a lot more expensive than they were 15 years ago.. but then again, what isnt? also, the canyon itself does not look the way it did 15 years ago. not even what it looked like 2 years ago.
drea
looks like i got a shitty deal about 3 years ago when i went diving in dahab, i was soo turned off that i never went scuba diving there since, i only go to the far islands on safari and occassionaly to ras Mohammed, but im more into freedving these days, maybe next time im in DAhab ill go to a better dive shop...

drea said:

drea

yes i am.. missed it last year due to the bombings would like to do it next year :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT