• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2015

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
With the high winds they are forecasting I am sure we are going to see much more washed up between now and the weekend. I guess it's a hard thing for sea fisheries to police. Something really needs to be done about the irresponsible few that let the rest of them down! :-/

I am not sure which one of our numerous deputies gives a moneys about such things mate?

There have been loads of nets set around Fermain over the last few weeks, plain yellow bobbers, no markings. Some have been set in deeper water, right where most scuba divers drift, one was snagged on Sunday 4th but was able to free himself.

I saw this on the fishing forum ....

New series on Discovery for you spear fishermen. Catching Hell.

Watched the first one tonight (thurs 10pm). Storms, lost diver, decompression sickness and hammerhead sharks. Looks like an interesting series.

Hi Guernsey spearos,

Don't know how u guys are feeling this winter but I am getting cabin fever and need a diving fix really soon! Fingers crossed the weather picks up enough to get in the sea soon!

Thinking ahead, the Jsy boys are really looking fwd to the meet in August.

If anyone fancies a trip across to our fair island during 2015 we would welcome u at one of our dives. We have quite a few social dives planned, and a few comp dates, but if these don't fit, let us know when u are coming and we will do our best to sort some diving

JERSEY DIVE TEAM EVENTS 2015 (more to come!)

MAY 03 SOCIAL DIVE

MAY 09 SOCIAL DIVE

MAY 31 SOCIAL DIVE

JUNE 14 SOCIAL DIVE

JUL 05 SOCIAL DIVE

JULY 12 SOCIAL DIVE

JULY 1 SILVERFISH AND FLATFISH COMP 1

AUG 01

DEEPER BLUE GUERNSEY FISH IN 2015

DEEPER BLUE EVENT

AUG 15 THE ALAIN LENAGHAN MEMORIAL DIVE 2015

La Rocque in Grouville, Jersey

AUG 29 SILVER FISH AND FLATFISH COMP 2

SEPT 13 SILVER FISH AND FLATFISH COMP 3

SEPT 19 SOCIAL DIVE

SEPT 26 BACK UP DATE/SOCIAL DIVE

Looking good for this weekend Mike, big tides too.

I hope to get over for a couple of dives with you and "the Jersey boys" this year :)

Reactions: jerseymike
Got bored and went for a cheeky dip out west to shake off the cobwebs and see what kit I need to order (most of it). Viz wasn't great but I was only in 6ft of water so no matter.

My new 5mm socks are too big for my fins, can anyone recommend a make/model of fin?

No silver seen, found 5 lobbies, 2 big berried females which went back, one neon blue 5lb soft female(went back) and 2 ok males for the pot.

All in all a fun dive, was a little worried about nets, but none seen, was a little appalled by the destruction from the ormerers, one massive sea of flipped rocks. How hard is it to flip them back over ...... Seriously!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 161
Thanks guys, I have one in the post to me :)
Tom thats a good website, cheers.

You planning something Jonny?

Ps. You seen they're going to be doing a plastic version of your surfski? epic V7. Even more tempting.

Yes Tom, and Yes.
i'm unconvinced about the plastic one, i think it will flex, but 'apparently' not.
Just trying to work out the fastest way to paddle around the island. cant get it under a theoretical 4 hours.
the rowing boats have done it in 3.5!!!
come and have a go sometime.
Did you see my latest; force 5-6 but the Gopro doesnt give that impression:

Reactions: Hobelf
The person you need to speak to about circumnavigating is Ant Ford-Parker from Outdoor Guernsey as he worked out the tides a couple of years ago for the charity paddle.

Reactions: Jonny250
Makes me feel sick just watching that! Think I will have to have a go this summer when it's a bit calmer though, thanks.

My kayak did that charity round Guernsey one, just not with me as the engine. Took them a lot longer than 4 hours as they just pootled it and stopped a couple of times so not sure their timings would be that relevant to doing it in a surfski.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT