• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2016

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Twanging bands is quite popular, making strange gulping type noises by swallowing with your mouth closed, is very popular with warmer water spearfishermen (& some Guernsey folk)
Yeah I've noticed the gulping thing very weird I just don't want to be doing anything which would do the opposite

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

My PB bass was taken in poor viz 1m, flicking an innocent crab in the sand. Sure the noise brought the bass in. Just had this huge head appear out of the gloom

First dive since May last year last night with Portinfer. Viz was poor but useable and a lovely night for it. Quite a lot of bass around, but surprisingly few flatties. Put together a quick vid of the footage I got, camera was playing silly buggers so missed a fair bit of the action.

Hey Magpie. Are you the Gaming Magpie? Because I found:

Despite the fact that my Father loves ravens, while also being suspicious of crows, it's not my place to say how many corvids (even hominid ones) there should be in the Bailiwick of Guernsey. But it is safe to say that my family would be well disposed to non-Raven destroying corvids. ;-)

Nice Vid TJ, so much about at night, but so creepy.

Anyone know much about squid fishing this time of year?

Wait till dark then follow the crowds down the lighthouse or havelet, chuck a jig out and slow retrieve or suspended below a float, and wait for your turn.

You get them all round the coast but they do congregate under lights. Had plenty at the bridge in the past as well.

Might have to search directly on Youtube for Guernsey UK Spearfishing 2015/16 in case you can't play it.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your video Westcoaster. Like ive said before its lovely to be able to get a peek at what you see .

Reactions: westcoaster
image.jpg
Quick swim after work today paid off , beat my bass pb twice with two shots :D smaller one 4.5 lb and the bigger 8lb

Nice one mate, those smaller plaice are the best eating. Nice bass too!

Reactions: foxfish
I don't think the French will be very cooperative, there could be a war!

It'll only end the same way the last time the Frenchies got uppity. Oh, and happy belated Trafalgar Day everyone.

Reactions: AlB
After a bit of recent plaice success, I went in today to find some more but, not one in sight.
However the vis was amazing, almost infinity! In fact that might be a reason for the lack of plaice in the shallows, perhaps they were very well buried or in deeper water.
I saw about 6 wrasse some big ones & a few dozen sandeels and that was it... well I also saw 4 huge store nets full of crab!

Reactions: westcoaster
Got in last night with Jonny. Its not very often I dive at night but was good fun. Saw a few fish including some squid. Was tempted by some sole which were legal but not by much so just watched and let them be.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT