• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2016

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
If you are of an average stature then a 'off the shelf' 5mm two piece spearo suite from any of the main suppliers will be perfect.
Camo is very much 'must have' thing rather than an essential thing so pick one that looks good to you.
Some folk say certain suits are better made than others but the OMER 5mm Camo 3D Spearfishing Camo suit is a popular one!
If you don't have any restricting budget then a custom made suit from Elios would be nice!!

Thank you.
Any recommended suppliers? I'm guessing this isn't available locally so I can try it for size.
Also, most of my spear fishing is over low water amongst the kelp. Would you recommend the OMER Camo 3D as best camo for this environment?

Donkey divers sell cressi camo suits I think , I got one off the internet tho, Really Great suits

There are not many choices over here and I personally like to try a suit on for fit before I buy. If you get a cheap day drip to Jersey pop to apnea.co.uk they have a great selection.

Reactions: Eddy1666
IMG_20160901_142003.jpg

Young matt and his mullet from the east today

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Unlucky mate! I would love to see a gilt that size!
I went back to the same spot this afternoon at low tide! Vis was poor but I did see a few bass & a shed full of huge stinkyies.... it is going to be a long time before I forget that gilthead !

Reactions: jerseydan
I went back to the same spot this afternoon at low tide! Vis was poor but I did see a few bass & a shed full of huge stinkyies.... it is going to be a long time before I forget that gilthead !

Should bring a camera out next time !

Reactions: foxfish
You win some ay Mart ,,,,,, unlucky mate ....some have never even seen one .
The white bream record has been broken recently going from the mini species list to a more creditable 1.12 ish .
The lobster fishery seems very healthy and bass seem plentiful to me but what do i know.
Just a constant joy to be out there .........
Sea temp on the verge of a record too ay ......

Reactions: little sarge

Unlucky Mart! I always remember the missed opportunities far more vividly than any of the good fish I've had - that one will be haunting you for a long time :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reactions: foxfish
Swim before going away on hols and couldn't go to usual spot as swell was crazy, so went to next best, was pretty quiet, dived the bottom trying to find a flattie and no luck, no bass seen, was heading back and found a 4lb Mullet come out the kelp.

Swim out when back with Kerin and Ed, East Coast and a bit late getting in with the tide and found it starting to run quite fast on the way back, made for a great 2.5 hours of exercise in the end, still viz wasn't bad and all felt right apart from not being very fishy, this spot is where I saw the biggest bass I've ever seen about 4 years ago, so still hoping to see and catch one.

Lets hope for some good weather for the next 8 weeks...;)

pic2.JPG

pic2.JPG

Back in the island for a brief visit. Looked so tempting yesterday afternoon over the low just had to go and get wet. Went to one of my favourite spots out west. See the plaice are in s aw three small ones unburied in fairly shallow water. No bass but saw shoal of decent size mullet in gullies through the thong weed. Came home with a feed of razor clams.

Hi guys just a question, I've seen a lot of footage people either scratching the sand /rock or plucking the band of there gun when sitting on the bottom waiting for fish to come in. I imagine this only works for certain types of fish, has anyone had any luck with this method in our waters ?

Hi guys just a question, I've seen a lot of footage people either scratching the sand /rock or plucking the band of there gun when sitting on the bottom waiting for fish to come in. I imagine this only works for certain types of fish, has anyone had any luck with this method in our waters ?

Works for predatory fish like bass and Pollock , basically mimics a distressed fish , worked for me on Pollock . I think ... Unless they would have come over anyway to investigate

Twanging bands is quite popular, making strange gulping type noises by swallowing with your mouth closed, is very popular with warmer water spearfishermen (& some Guernsey folk)

Reactions: Jacob Fitch
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT