• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey fish-in & social 2017

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Happy new year folk :)

I am going on holiday for 8 weeks so I might not have internet access every day but, please leave your name on these pages if you are interested in joining us this year.

We have booked Octopus for the Saturday night meal, Octopus is in St Peter Port, right on the sea front, if fact it is 3/4 surrounded by the sea at high tide.

We hope to see a few new faces this year, there will be the normal limit of 20 competitors so it is a first come first serve basis however, anyone is welcome to join the social event & spectate the weigh ins.

All the best Mart.

octopus_interior.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jerseydan
Hi Martyn, we haven't met before. I've been doing some diving with some of the Jersey boys and would be keen in coming over for the comp in August if you still have spaces available. Cheers.

Reactions: jerseymike
Right I am back!
Started planning the fire house décor :)
I will start promoting the event once the forum warms up a bit...
It would appear there will be no bass restrictions for us but, I may put a 2 fish per day limit on bass to show willing and keep the angling clubs happy?
I would also like to mention there are quite a few Airbnb units in Guernsey for those looking for accommodation..... https://www.airbnb.com/s/Guernsey

So this is the list so far...
Chris
Jenny
Nick (Dorset)
Mike
Andy
Dan
Jacob
Eddy
Louis
Matt
Kerrin
Boss
Juan
Jack
Paul
Thomas.
Missing ... Cobus, Matt Horton, John Norman, Chris Winter, Chris Nash?
That is 14 divers registered, room for 6 more....

Looks like it's gearing up to be a good event guys and gals. Missing seeing you lot every summer!

Reactions: foxfish
We have got the Octopus menu so I will get it up here in the next week.
Any more folk out there want to join us this year?

Jen and I might not be able to attend this year. We've booked three weeks in Kenya on safari for our honeymoon and it's eaten up most of my allocated holiday. If I can build up some lieu time, we'll be over.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT