• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey fish-in & social 2017

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Mart,
Chicken Wings, Fish and Chips, Ice cream please.
Looking forward to seeing you and Sarah again, hopefully staying the full weekend this time.
Regards
KingLouis

That is great Mac, would you like to come for the sat meal? Menu on previous page (partner welcome)

IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
Prize gun is progressing niclely .....

Thanks chaps, I actually made up the blank a few years ago, I think it has over 50 individual laminates (someone can count them my eyes are failing) I was planning to use it as a guitar neck but I am happy with it developing as a speargun.
I will have a roller gun to raffle as well.
It is a shame more Guernsey guys don't want to come to the Saturday social as it is not only fun but is when the Sunday venue is discussed. & named.

I'll be attending the social Saturday night, chicken wings, steak med/rare, mousse please dude
Are many people taking partners

Reactions: foxfish
Thanks chaps, I actually made up the blank a few years ago, I think it has over 50 individual laminates (someone can count them my eyes are failing) I was planning to use it as a guitar neck but I am happy with it developing as a speargun.
I will have a roller gun to raffle as well.
It is a shame more Guernsey guys don't want to come to the Saturday social as it is not only fun but is when the Sunday venue is discussed. & named.

That is a shame as it's always a great night, hopefully some people might change their minds
Nice dive today despite it being baron, vis is amazing, maybe too clear. Missed a big mullet, got greedy as could have taken a slightly smaller one but decided for the longer shot, found a shoal of around 20 bass that were quite big, they were as excited to see me as I was them, they screamed the breaks on s headed off 100 miles an hour in another direction, stacks of bait fish around, been quite successful recently so odd to get out empty handed...

Brandon, there are three ladies on sat night so far but I can arrange the seating to group the girls close together.
Amazing how things change as we had 36 people only three years ago & 42 on the Sunday evening!
There are quite a few red bream around this year, a 7lb Gilt was caught from the lighthouse a few day ago & several couches too!

I'm sure it will be awesome Mart... besides that many were just a PITA to organise hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: foxfish
That's is fine Mac, we have to give in the order by next Saturday.

Hi guys, there has been a change in the specimen list - mainly the size limits will change from weight to length.
This is the suggested list & cm length, please make any suggestions, additions or comments so we can make it official.

Species (CM)

Lobster 10 cm

Scallop 10 cm

Chancre 15 cm

Red Mullet 15 cm

Mackerel 20 cm

Dover Sole 25 cm

All Breams 25 cm *

Gurnard 25 cm

Trigger Fish 25 cm

Cuttle Fish 25 cm

Pollock 30 cm

Turbot 30 cm

Brill 30 cm

Long Nose 40 cm

Gilthead Bream 40 cm *

Bass 42 cm

Mullet 45 cm

Last edited:
Reactions: MacTulie25
Friday evening we meet at the http://www.slaughterhouse.gg/ for 7pm... just for a few drinks and a catch up!
We can also make a decision on the Saturday dive venue.
For the Wayside Hotel guys, there are buses into town across the road, No 41 @ 17 58 & 18 28. Buses home up to midnight!
Saturday evening at the Octopus 7pm (same buses)
Sunday 6.30 Pirates & Princesses theme in my garden. Prize giving & fish supper!
For the new guys... most of us will dress for the occasion (Pirates & Princesses theme) but don't worry if behaving like a kid is not your thing, just come as you are :)

Reactions: jerseymike
Hi Mart, personally, I like the idea of size rather than weight easier to measure on ur gun when ur out there.We can bring along one of our measuring boards if that would help... IMO, I reckon the sizes need to be a bit bigger....if u want, I can send u JDT species comp sizes, i think they are all bigger than the list, but defo not massive, and achievable , also virtually identical to those used by BSA and other uk comps.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT