• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

he finally went too far!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rigdvr

Not Available in Stores
May 28, 2002
Just when I thought Manny Puig had done enough I was watching the MTV show Jackass. He took these idiots into the water to ride a 10ft+ hammerhead
:head Not only that but one of them then tied barraccuda halves to his waist(that Manny speared) and got the shark to attack him. Manny then grabs the shark and rides it all the while it is obviously pissed trying to shake him off. The whole episode was commentated in a bad pirate voice making fun of this type of behavior!:naughty This is totally rediculous...

Go figure - when times get tough, the tough sell out for a quick buck...

Reactions: Erik
Originally posted by Cliff Etzel

Whether times get tough or not, the grade A morons will do what they always do. I'm not surprised in the least to learn that the circus freak pulled this stunt. :ban

Now I'm all wound up! :eek:

F###ing idiot. Same with "Dr." Brady Barr (sp), the Crocodile Hunter, Snake Wranglers, and a whole host of morons on the Discovery Channel et al.
:head
I do like Jackass, though. Whenever I'm feeling stupid or that I'm a moron, I watch those guys ;) I always feel better about myself after.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Reactions: icarus pacific
Originally posted by Cliff Etzel

....unfortunately too true :(
Cheers,
Erik Y.

I always find myself rooting for the crocs, gators, snakes, and sharks. I wish just once they'd take those knuckleheads out. Bet it would do wonders for ratings. Maybe somebody should mention that to the producers. "Tonights episode Manny loses an arm!". They could do an arm one show a leg the next, etc. so that they maximize the ratings over several shows. Of course I'm sure there's a whole host of idiots waiting in line to take over. :head

-m

jealous

I think you guys are just jealous you didn't get to ride the shark. :D

It's was just plain fun to see those guys with the sharks. Have you see the episodes where party boy get a blow job from a Whale shark! ha ha ha!

I dont think Many is a sell out, i dont know one diver who never did stoopid stuff with sea cucumber, pretending it's your ..., or other helpless sea creature.

Remember, the show is called Jackass, not Cousteau discover the ocean.

I have been blessed with many awesome shark encounters over the years but this was just dumb. The sharks was visably pissed off! Manny always talks the talk about being one with nature, not molesting the animals, their beauty and so on. This went against every thing he ever said about his beliefs and reasons for doing what he does. I also admit that I find the show funny as hell and knew Steve-O would do something like that but it looked bad on Manny's part.

I wonder about your views on that segment but opinions are like a**holes--we all have them.

Remember, the show is called Jackass, not Cousteau discover the ocean.

rofl rofl

Actually, I remember being at a dive show a couple years ago and listend to a presentation by JM Cousteau. He had this video of himself freediving with great white sharks off of South Africa. He even "chest-butted" one of them for the camera. I wonder which show that video clip should go on?;)

Jon

I shall now post my list of the top molesters of wildlife on tv.

1. Pipin (for making spearfishing videos in the Bahamas when it is illegal to use guns in Bahamian waters)

1 1/2. Manny

2. Croc Hunter

3. PHD. Brady Barr

4. Mark Rackley (films Manny, films Meaghen among other things)

5. Meaghen (besides the obvious.....for being a complete moron and telling every reporter that she is the womens/mens world champion diver)

There they are.......hope your not offended by my strong feelings on this subject, I just don't like poachers or people who mistreat animals for entertainment.

regards - Jack

Reactions: unirdna and Jon
Originally posted by PILOT
I shall now post my list of the top molesters of wildlife on tv.

1. Pipin (for making spearfishing videos in the Bahamas when it is illegal to use guns in Bahamian waters)

1 1/2. Manny

2. Croc Hunter

3. PHD. Brady Barr

4. Mark Rackley (films Manny, films Meaghen among other things)

5. Meaghen (besides the obvious.....for being a complete moron and telling every reporter that she is the womens/mens world champion diver)

There they are.......hope your not offended by my strong feelings on this subject, I just don't like poachers or people who mistreat animals for entertainment.

regards - Jack

OUCH!

many

has anybody heard how many got discovered in Cuba? My friend who is quite honest, told me that one day there was a Russian sub in Cuba and all of the sudden the crew heard a tapping on the hull and when they looked out the pariscope they saw some crazy dude with no tanks just chilling and smiling at them way below the surface. He was acommercial spearfishermen back then. They were like damm this guys is a nut we have to hire him. His arms are full of scars I have seen him around town a few times. I haven't seen the video but I heard he polespears a big bull dolphin, now that takes balls
whats the name of Pipin's Vid in the bahams id like to see it and report his ass?

Manny

Maybe Next time they can ride a 12ft Tiger? or Bull?

I've watched Manny in a couple shows and have always been left very pissed off. this is what my friends and the general public see and think freediving/scuba is all about.

maybe a good bite/accident will wake them all up.

Disgusting.

Will

Re: many

Originally posted by Spearooo
has anybody heard how many got discovered in Cuba?

whats the name of Pipin's Vid in the bahams id like to see it and report his ass?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- That story is nonsense about the sub....I'd say read his book to find out the details but unfortunately it won't do you any good...........you can find it in the FICTION section.

- As far as the videos......pick any of them....

Originally posted by Erik
I do like Jackass, though. I always feel better about myself after. Erik Y.

Yeah I know the feeling, pal. Everytime I hurt myself, I just staple my jewels to my thigh and I don't notice the original pain. :duh

Making the ocean or Nature more accessible by making light of it, will be our demise. Rather than making it seem less than what it is, we should be taking notes. :cool:

sven

Reactions: loopy
Originally posted by icarus pacific
Yeah I know the feeling, pal. Everytime I hurt myself, I just staple my jewels to my thigh and I don't notice the original pain. :duh

Making the ocean or Nature more accessible by making light of it, will be our demise. Rather than making it seem less than what it is, we should be taking notes. :cool:

sven

Sven - You have such an eloquent way of stating the obvious... rofl

But seriously - in these times, we should be looking to preserve our oceans and their inhabitants - not make light of them...

Very true, Sven, Cliff, when something is ridiculed it is hard to respect it. One way I try to spread the oceanic gospel is by taking people who have never dived to some of my favourite spots. An hour or two of pedalling around introduces them to the many wonders our oceans offer. And instills a deep respect for all things finned and fanged that inhabit them.

Add in an encounter with a massive grouper, turtle or shark and you have another convert to the DeepBlue way of life.

good Call boys. I do the same, take people on a little swim/show and tell.

the trouble seems to be getting the Fear vs. Respect issue across.

Slowly altering public opinion one at a time....

Whoa hang on, back up a tick... why are people so anti-Steve Irwin? Having actually met the guy, I can tell you, he's exactly the same in real life as on TV. He doesn't have a huge mansion or a bunch of Mercs; he puts most of his money into wildlife charities in Aus.

Sure it's easy to pull the piss out of the guy but at the end of the day, he's educated a butt load of people on different animals and the environment.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT