• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

heartrate to 14 bpm ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I've seen a video of a yogi who have stopped his heart, but about holding their breath for over 25 minutes, I've never seen any proof of. Do you have any, or is it just rumors?

My current resting hr is about 40 bpm and my blood-hg is above 160. But I've never gone down below 35 bpm in a static.

Heart Rate

Hey Hennie,

First off loose the packing during your breathe up, wasting energy! Next question, Do you only do one of the breathe ups to do a good static or more?Do you rest in between static and breathe up?

You're on the right track with the way you breathe, but you should time how long it's taking you to do 10 breaths. I believe that you are NOT breathing long enough to get fully O2 saturated. When I do statics I do 3 total. 1st for 2:30, 2nd for 3:30 and the last as long as I can. I've reached 6:31. The first I breathe up for 3:00, 2nd for 5:00 and the third for 7:00. I rest in between statics and breathe ups 5:00, 5:00, 7:00. When I don't have a timer, on my last breathe up I breath for 35 to 40 breaths. This is all done with slow belly breathing from the belly up to the chest. No straining into the shoulders or packing, save that for the last.

Now the purge thing. It is the same as belly breathing, but quicker as if you trying to blow out a candle. Quick full breath in and a quick "but slower" breath out. If I'm being timed I do it for a full 1:00 at the very end of my breathe up. If I'm counting, any where from 5 to 7 breaths. When training with Pipin I could do it for 2:00+ without feeling light headed. I don't know Pipin's prep on the boat before he gets in the water, but I do know he purges for 2:00 before he dive's.

Remember this is purging off a lot of CO2 and you may get light headed or ever samba by doing this. I have trained my body to handle it, but when I first tried it I almost BO at the pool by myself. (stupid)

If you or anyone else trying this starts to feel the tingle in the hands or anywhere else, stop and resume normal breathing and/or pump you fist to create some CO2 to balance out your body.

This works for me and may not work for you guys. So take from it what you may and go from there.

DSV

Thanks for the info DSV.

I thought that purging might be some kind of hyperventilation, a BIG no no for me and i also advise the new guys when they train with me to stay away from practicing it.

Thanks for the advise on the packing.

Heart Rate

Hennie,

Yes, it is NOT hyperventilation, but it is quicker than a regular breath.

I just got back from the pool. I did my first static practice since beggining of Oct. I actually pulled off a 6:06 with no real training. I'm pretty happy.

Happy Training

DSV

Happy with 6:06......impressive if you ask me.
How many contractions?

Saw Andy Le Sauce last night on Ripley's doing a 5:00 static in an aquarium.

In one scene they capture Andy on film having a BO and the presenter mistook it for a heart failure.......ouch!

Heart Rate

Hennie,

Because I do the purging for so long at the end of my breathe up I don't get contractions anymore.

IF ANYONE TRIES THIS TYPE OF BREATHE UP DO IT WITH SOMEONE EVERY TIME! BECAUSE I DON'T GET CONTRACTIONS MEANS I HAVE TO FOCUS ON HOW MY BODY FEELS. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS IF DONE BY INEXPERIENCED DIVERS OR ALONE! (Not that I'm a veteran or anything)

What time is it there?
If you want to chat contact my personal email.

DSV

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT