• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help with training for freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SolidHit

Jul 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I was thinking if will be possible to help me with scheduling some training routine for freediving. I absolved freediving intro course few years back and got a pause from it but now I started diving again (with certified instructor in group trainings) and can dive comfortably lets say 20m. 25m is my personal best. Static is about 3 minutes (but some time back my record was 4:57). My question here is not about the technique or what should I train but how much and often should I train and which types of training will be ok to do in same day. I would like to compose my training from following: standard cardio running and apnea walks, CO2/02 tables (here i preferr C02 with one inhale/exhale between holds), some type of workout (home - bodyweight or lifting the weights in gym). Which trainings will suit the best with each other for example cardio after lifting weights, or apnea walks after run and breath recovery and so. I found many videos and advices what to train but actually didn`t find some routine examples how should be weekly training plan looks like so every advice will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance and keep heatlhy!

How much a
Hello everyone,

I was thinking if will be possible to help me with scheduling some training routine for freediving. I absolved freediving intro course few years back and got a pause from it but now I started diving again (with certified instructor in group trainings) and can dive comfortably lets say 20m. 25m is my personal best. Static is about 3 minutes (but some time back my record was 4:57). My question here is not about the technique or what should I train but how much and often should I train and which types of training will be ok to do in same day. I would like to compose my training from following: standard cardio running and apnea walks, CO2/02 tables (here i preferr C02 with one inhale/exhale between holds), some type of workout (home - bodyweight or lifting the weights in gym). Which trainings will suit the best with each other for example cardio after lifting weights, or apnea walks after run and breath recovery and so. I found many videos and advices what to train but actually didn`t find some routine examples how should be weekly training plan looks like so every advice will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance and keep heatlhy!

How much and often to train... That's something every athlete want to figure. I have a friend that cycles 30 h/week minimum all year round he has already ridden 28.000 kilometres 2020. If I tried to pull off his regime you would be waving adios to me :D. Now it may be annoying answer. But no shortcuts. I do believe in trial and error, a 3rd person perspective, technology, training methodology advances and science.

I would really appreciate if some freediver give us a regime that he has found to work for him. In the latest book of Pelizari in the last chapter he has some top athletes answering this question as well as freedive cafe podcast. But no one gets paid enough to get into it in detail in my opinion. The book it self tries to answer some of these questions but unfortunately he has fallen into a fallacy that really minimises the value of almost everything in the book.

Reactions: Leander
Well, I found you some solid guidelines in the freediving side of the question of recovery. https://www.freedivepassion.com/pos...eedivings-most-under-rated-training-principle Harry Chamas is such a blessing to the freediving community. If you aren't subbed on his youtube strongly recommend it.

The answers he gives are very close to what I am experiencing. I do more than he recommends in a session but also almost always take a rest day.

So counter intuitive though, such a bizarre sport compare to cycling for example where you can have 20 h of training with one rest day for a average cyclist for long term and not overtrain. Mind boggling!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT