• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

help!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

adog4305

Jul 27, 2003
hey i just started freediving and doing brethholding exercises
but now when ever i spit a loogie theres blood in it. Is this normal or is it part of freediving
thanks alot
alex
p.s. i have been in the water

It shouldn't be normal.
Did you hurt your self?
What kind of exerices have you ben doing? Lung packing maybe.
Have you been diving recently? Dont go to your max depth in one shoot because you can hurt your lungs.
Give us some more information...

yes

yeh i have been doing lung packing is this bad?. But it seems to be going away
thanks
alex

No, it's good but don't PUSH IT. When you feel that your lungs cannot take it any more STOP! Maybe thats the reason why you are spiting blood.

hi

Be careful mate.

When I first did packing I remember tearing the little alveoli's in my lungs twice (well thats what the doc said it was) not to mention blood spitting and the most pain ever felt when breathing normally.

Dont push it.

cheers

Be carefull.

As Mladen said give us some more info (how deep have you dived ...).
There was some discution in some thread about lung skweeze (i hope i wrote it corectly) but basicly it is not good for you.
Don't rush enything, take your time. Let your body get used to all the new stuff. You are probably overstresing yourself.
It wouldn't hurt to see a doctor (just find one that knows something about diving -- moust doctors i went too where morons that haven't had a qlue what i was talking about).

Take care
Jure

ok thanks

yeh so do you think i just pulled something down there or what? how long will it take to recover?
thanks
alex
p.s. my lungs or sumthin down there is sore
im 14 years old and just started freediving, so you can imagine im a little freaked out

Last edited:
If you push it to fast and your lungs has to take more blood then they can you can hurt them. It's nothing serious but then will never be able get as much blood as they could before so your depth is limited...

Now when you say 'pain in the chets' it's surely from packing.
It'll be over in the next few days just pause a while with exerices until it's gone and be carefull next time!

alright thanks cause it will sumtimes give me a upset stomach for some reaseon. and i just want this to end asap.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT