• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Herbert did 95 constant!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jorg

Sharkbait
Nov 15, 2001
Herbert did 95 meters constant weight yesterday! Today he'll try to do 100! Good luck! :cool:

Wow....
Congrats to Herbert

100 meters CW will be amazing
No popped eardrum this time I presume?

hi

Congrats to Herbet and best of luck with the 100

cheers

Can he take his gun down and shoot dinner for the crew whilst he's there???

Curavic - Croatian diver who lives in Norway began with preparations for 97-102 m in CW.
I hope he'll make it!

[offtopic]Is that that guy also named Kike or something like that? When is he going to try? And where? Diving in Norway doesn't sound very hot.
[/offtopic]

Anyway I also believe dat Herbert is going for 100 mtr in Free Immersion tomorrow and sunday.

Holy crap!

Who would have thought that constant ballast records could increase by more than 10% in less than a year. Not only are the depths insane, but the rate at which new depths are being achieved is insane.

if he's done 95 so far, then won't he have to do 97+ first before he can try for 100? don't you have to do a qualifying dive to a depth that's within 3m of your target?

Yes that's true. He can dive to 98 meters tomorrow and Sunday to 101.

doing 100m for at least 3 days in a row?

... i would definitely think about taking a day's rest in his position. doing these dives day after day is bound to take its toll.

then again, we're talking about Herbert here! :)

If anyone can do it it's Herbert.
We are watching history in the making here.
The 100Meter barrier will be history after this weekend.
I hope someone is filming all these attempt for us to enjoy.

Greetzzz,

Glenn

Originally posted by Jorg
[offtopic]Is that that guy also named Kike or something like that? When is he going to try? And where? Diving in Norway doesn't sound very hot.
[/offtopic]

Yes that's him!!
I don't know when he is going to do that he just start the preparations (the depth for now goes to 80 m)
I also don't know where.

Re: Holy crap!

Originally posted by Pezman
Who would have thought that constant ballast records could increase by more than 10% in less than a year. Not only are the depths insane, but the rate at which new depths are being achieved is insane.

Actually Pez....someone kinda did think it.

I personally believe that more than 50% of able bodied people in the world could set a freediving record with the right training. That is only because the current records are pitifully shallow compared to how deep they will be in 20 years. If freediving were compared to sprinting, the current 100m sprint record would be 11 seconds. When the no-limits record goes over 300m, the constant weight record over 120m, and the static record goes over 10 minutes, then it will start getting really hard to break the records....until then everyone has a chance, and until then I don't think any record freediver should be idolized.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

I remember that thread, and thought of it as I typed my feculent expression of amazement. Still, Eric is looking a decade or two into the future.

I still think that 10% increase a year is pretty amazing!

when were the big constant weight barriers broken?....
correct me if i'm wrong....

Stefano Makula 50m 1977
Enzo Maiorca 60m 1981
Umberto Pelizzari 70m 1992
Umberto Pelizzari 80m 1999
Carlos Coste 90m 2002
Herbert Nitsch 100m 2003???

50-60 took 4 years
60-70 took 11 years
70-80 took 7 years
80-90 took 3 years
90-100.... 1 year?

progress does seem to be accelerating...

i'm sure that the top 2-3 freedivers will be doing around 105-110 next summer.

I don't dee Pipin on Alan's list anywhere. How can he still be getting so many votes in the "greatest freediver" thread?:confused:

Jon

BTW: Umberto, my vote:D , is on there twice!:cool:

according to Mayol's book (my source!) :).....

Pipin did cw records to 63m (1990) and 68m (1992)
and loads of variable and nolimits records.

mind you, i'm sure Pipin has been way deeper than 68 in constant, but i guess in recent years he has dedicated all his efforts to become the absolute deepest - ie nolimits.

Originally posted by Jon
I don't dee Pipin on Alan's list anywhere. How can he still be getting so many votes in the "greatest freediver" thread?:confused:

Jon

BTW: Umberto, my vote:D , is on there twice!:cool:

The poll is clearly manipulated :naughty
See another example for this in the "static pb" thread....

@Herbert
Because of the competition (Heart of Europe II) which also took part at this weekend, it was not possible for Herbert have another try in CW. So the record reamains at incredible 95m for now....

BTW: Herbert also did 94m in the competition on Saturday :duh

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT