• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi!!!! My first post

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kike

Oct 15, 2005
I would just like to say hello to everybody. this is my firs post. The reason why i'm here is to find out more about freediving and the people who practice it. To be trully honest when i say to people in Croatia that i practice freediving, people usually don't have a slightest idea what i'm talking about.

So it would be a great refreshment to talk with somebody who knows something about it.

that is all for now.

I'll see you soon :wave

KiKe

Well, everyone here likes to talk freediving!

Welcome to Deeperblue :)

Lucia

Hello.

Welcome to deeperblue.net! You will find a tremendous amount of valuable information already posted and a large number of experienced divers to assist with any new questions as well. The forum is friendly and quite entertaining at times, so look around and discover who's who, and what's what!

Please give consideration to a somewhat different log in name. The reason I mention this is the word, "kike" has a very derogatory meaning in the english language.

Once again, Welcome!!!

Jimdoe2you said Please give consideration to a somewhat different log in name. The reason I mention this is the word, "kike" has a very derogatory meaning in the english language.

I think he must be refering to the American language or maybe some Floridian dialect because I've never heard that word before and I've been called most things!

Any way whatever your name is welcome aboard.

HERE ARE A FEW DEFINITIONS FROM ONLINE DICTIONARIES AVAILABLE TO ANYONE WHO HAS A COMPUTER AND KNOWS HOW TO DO A SIMPLE KEYWORD SEARCH:

kike (kk)
n. Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a Jew.

English Dictionary Computer Dictionary Thesaurus Dream Dictionary Medical Dictionary

Search Dictionary:

Meaning of KIKE
Pronunciation: kIk

WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [n] ethnic slurs; offensive terms for a Jew

It is a very common slanderous word that equates to jewish people as the N-word does to people of african decent.

If it is a legitimate birth name, then we are obligated to cultural respect to accept it, if it is however just a log-in nickname, it should be changed. Imagine if someone had a log-in name of "nigger" and you and many others here in the forum were of african decent. How would you feel???

Kike is a short name for Enrique, if you are Hispanic.

Very literate of you Jim, i didn't know the real meaning of that work, and I guess most people don't.

Let's keep an open mind :)

Lived in the U.S. all of my life, and I've never heard that term, but that is very considerate of you.

Besides, I thought it was pronounced "Kee Kee", not "k.k." but maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless, welcome aboard Kike. The board is great, everyone is friendly, and it's always glad to see new members.

Till later...

~James

Last edited:
In Spanish they spell it Quique, but its pronounced kike. Ask any Spanish native tongue speaker...

anyway... welcome Kike!! tell us about your freediving in Croatia!

jimdoe2you said:
Hello.

Welcome to deeperblue.net! You will find a tremendous amount of valuable information already posted and a large number of experienced divers to assist with any new questions as well. The forum is friendly and quite entertaining at times, so look around and discover who's who, and what's what!

Please give consideration to a somewhat different log in name. The reason I mention this is the word, "kike" has a very derogatory meaning in the english language.

Once again, Welcome!!!

.........and once again, Welcome! This is a great place to grow not just regarding aspects of diving but culturally as well. :)

Gracias Island Sands! Yo fui alzado en Miami, Florida. Nosotros tenga un fuerte Cuban y Mexican cultura aqui. Yo habla Spanglish! rofl

jimdoe2you said:
.........and once again, Welcome! This is a great place to grow not just regarding aspects of diving but culturally as well. :)

Gracias Island Sands! Yo fui alzado en Miami, Florida. Nosotros tenga un fuerte Cuban y Mexican cultura aqui. Yo habla Spanglish! rofl

ya veo... me alegro mucho que hayas sido "alzado" rofl
ya se que teneis mucha cultura Cubana en Florida... hombre!! Florida es el puerto de desembarque historico para los Cubanos...

Me encanta tu Spanglish! No pares.. Sigue Sigue!! :D

proheeba mochsedbae Island Sands, coveeba brrradicata false bay mozing spingg bossea dos mos prachdoius Great White bazzafimm sooomtrit unt Miles et TUNA spingg kaboom !! :p

Grrmmmmmmmmm.

Jeff

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Huh ?

rofl ............no, no ..........spanish not swahili!!! rofl

So, kike ...................tell us about Croatia and the diving you get to do!

Last edited:
bluecape said:
proheeba mochsedbae Island Sands, coveeba brrradicata false bay mozing spingg bossea dos mos prachdoius Great White bazzafimm sooomtrit unt Miles et TUNA spingg kaboom !! :p

yes Jeff that's exactly what i thought! although i thought the Tuna was larger that :D

HI!!!

I see that there is slight argument about my name. Kike is short for croatian name Kristijan. Or in english it would be Christian. I'm very sorry that my nickname coused any trouble. Particulary if it's something about racism.
So to answer a few question.... Maybe

HI!!!

I see that there is slight argument about my name. Kike is short for croatian name Kristijan. Or in english it would be Christian. I'm very sorry that my nickname coused any trouble. Particulary if it's something about racism.
So to answer a few question.... Maybe the best diver in Croatia is Mr. Curavic. The man dives beneth a ice. This year he dived on north pole. Imagine that.
As You can all see i'm a beginner in this sport so i'm just gathering information. My static time is 3:20. I know that is far from imperssive but i'm trying :)
My training takes place in dubrovnik. maybe you have heard about it.

Please contact me for any information that will lead to my improvement.

I thank you in advance.

c you all

Hey kike,

I have been away a couple of days preparing for the wrath of a hurricane, but I just logged on and saw that you just posted.

The important thing to consider is the context of words. As long as it is your name there is no problem. If you were an american and you chose "kike" as some type of joking log in name, then that would not have been right.

I still laugh my head off that there is a place named (and this is no joke), "F#####g, Austria"!!!! rofl

So tell us about diving in Croatia................

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, what to say about that. Austria is a small country near Croatia. Many of them visit Croatia in summer. And the tragic thing is they come here to scuba dive and many of them died along the coast of Adriatic sea. Bad education by their instructors.
diving in Croatia is great. The sea is so clean, although a little cold for my taste. The good thing is that there is not so many sharks there yet. But not long ago i've read an article that is only a matter of time before great white one appears. Sorry for my spelling.
I've saw on the news about Wilma. How is the situation there.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT