• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi to all!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
that's good to know,i'm a very small person with a very high motab, so i'm always eating i swim alot so the book help me with alot of things like that.so do you get to free dive alot or swim?

Being a complete novice I haven't got to do any freediving yet, and swimming is out of the question until I finish my degree this June; I'm just too bogged down with studies at the moment. I have squeezed in a morning session, starting Monday, for apnea training (dry land) and relaxation, which allows me to continue my weight training and cardio in the evenings, but the daytime hours that are sandwiched in between are set aside for study. Up until now, which is the past few days, I have been reading information on breathing techniques etc to keep me safe whilst I practice...now that I have everything in place, I can start on Monday. In June, I'm really hoping to get to go swimming again because I love the water...the book, as you say, is really good, I didn't realise that the eyebrows should rest at the level of the waterline when doing front crawl, I always used to look more downwards.

Hi lifter! I realise you joined up on db to learn about diving but as you see we can talk the talk on most subjects!
There are a few strong dudes on the site & a few associated threads, it might take a bit of searching but there was one chap squatting 600lb.
Found this one - http://forums.deeperblue.com/freediving-training-techniques/69598-muscle-mass.html

That link was interesting, thank you; I've been looking around the site to find info on weight training programmes that people follow in order for it not to negatively affect the freediving preparation, but from what that thread says, it may be more a positive thing even with a little more muscle...so, that has helped a lot. I'm mostly into endurance and strength training, not so much concerned with hypertrophy, so I think I'm on the right track...and I really didn't want to give up the weight training aspect, so these articles/posts are encouraging.

Re:

:naughty:naughty
now u know.I teach swimming to all ages and yes the brows r in line with the top of the water, this allows for a betterexit out of the water does not put a strain on the neck, fingers are close for a sweep off the water to the chest head comes up and out of the water. swimming helps with stress, you NEED to get in the water more often,take a little time for yourself, i do this every day when my kids drive me nuts, sometime i bring the baby and put him on my back and swim.rofl

Re:

now u know.I teach swimming to all ages and yes the brows r in line with the top of the water, this allows for a betterexit out of the water does not put a strain on the neck, fingers are close for a sweep off the water to the chest head comes up and out of the water. swimming helps with stress, you NEED to get in the water more often,take a little time for yourself, i do this every day when my kids drive me nuts, sometime i bring the baby and put him on my back and swim.rofl

I need to get to the pool, period, but alas study will not permit time at present...I literally have 1 and a half hours freetime in the evening before going to bed (after workout)...and if I need to use that for study, depending on deadlines/ amount of assignments plus a dissertation, then I don't even have that freetime. It's my last year, final semester, so it's sensible to put everything into it. I already put some time aside in the morning for apnea training, followed immediately by study...and 1 hour each evening for cardio/weights, but I literally put down the pen and pick up a weight...the time is so crammed...but the exercise time is my freetime, all for myself :D. As long as the timetable runs to plan, I will be extrememly happy with it.

Re:

I need to get to the pool, period, but alas study will not permit time at present...I literally have 1 and a half hours freetime in the evening before going to bed (after workout)...and if I need to use that for study, depending on deadlines/ amount of assignments plus a dissertation, then I don't even have that freetime. It's my last year, final semester, so it's sensible to put everything into it. I already put some time aside in the morning for apnea training, followed immediately by study...and 1 hour each evening for cardio/weights, but I literally put down the pen and pick up a weight...the time is so crammed...but the exercise time is my freetime, all for myself :D. As long as the timetable runs to plan, I will be extrememly happy with it.

Take it easy dude you have your life in front of you.

Re:what the hell!

!
[quote=sankar;749308
relly i wish i was like that. i try to be so put together, but when u have kid life is a mess up and down, i have traning on monday for the next 2 months and i must be in the water for that. and the kids take up the rest, i have 4. my last is 2 years old and i'm in the middle of moving. i'm now going to buy my spear gun reef 3x the dam thing is tall than me i'm 5 2' but i can pull it may get a few balls but say what.:martial

Re:

Take it easy dude you have your life in front of you.

Don't worry, I get to relax when I do the training because it's something I really want to do, it's just the study that is added pressure at present...and when that's finished, I can hopefully take it a lot easier :). The exercise will help keep me energised, and I'm making sure I get plenty of rest which is important, just really very structured at the moment which isn't a bad thing.

I remember last summer, I had books to read in preparation, and it took me 3 solid weeks from the time I got out of bed until when I hit the sack, every day of the week, weekends included...one strange thing I noticed then was how slowly time progressed after I'd put the last book down...1 hour just dragged by, it was the weirdest 'shift' of time I'd ever experienced.

Re: what the hell!

!
I try to be organised, but all good plans etc, something normally gets in the way which has to be dealt with...we have no children so there is no constraint in that way, but I can understand that children require a lot of attention and taking to and from school etc. I suppose there's one advantage with a speargun being bigger than a person, it would be difficult to shoot yourself in the foot :crutch.

I figured it would be good to get a nose clip, but since there is no shop near us, I went on to Amazon, but the company won't deliver to this area...so, it was a search on the internet for shops in Scotland that would, I did manage to secure an order eventually with a shop in Kirkaldy. I'll get other stuff as and when needed, but at least I found a supplier.

Re: what's up/

!
hi and how are you? working my !@#$ off. need to party this week or i'll go crazy and take everyone with me:fridaykids are ok my little one getting into hell off trouble:head. working out in the gym and thats going ok swimming 3000m every tuesday and thursday, going for life guard. rofl

Fine thank's Sankar, apart from a migraine today, which means everything went on hold. I have been eating like a maniac since I got up 6 hours ago, trying to get the calories in. Stats indicate I dropped fat tissue and have gained some muscle, so calorie intake will need to go up to compensate. I hate migraine's for the reasons of not being able to study, exercise, or eat properly...I did study through one and managed to write an essay, but sometimes I just figure it's wiser to let the body do its thing and give it a break. Glad to hear the gym and the swimming are going well. Good luck and hope training goes well for the life guard certification.

Does anyone else here have a nose that is small, and find the speedo competition nose clip a bit uncomfortable at all? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

hi my friend i'm sick today have the flu, traning is taking everything out of me. the nose clip well i use them, for people with a big or wide nose try the paradisia nose clip free diver use it. if not well, tape up the nose (haha).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT