• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Holiday Guernsey 2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Crikey O'Reilly this comes around again so soon..:fridayrofl:friday

Well I have no excuses for not attending in 2009 in fact I have it on good authority from Mrs Spaniard that I have 'Brownie Points' whatever that means :confused:

If we book early enough then any time is good for me so i'll go with the flow. In fact I remember booking flights/hotel this time last year for 2008 so bring it on.

PS - I promise not to get her pregnant again!

Reactions: podge
Late August has some 0.8's on the weekend (22/23). But then, late July has some 1.0 as well, all big lows are always late PM though, or obviously 3am.....

Whenever will do me just fine, although if we can help it not the last 2 weeks of July or the 1st week of August. Having said that with enough notice I can work around pretty much anything.
looking forward to it already:):)

Andy, I thought we might try with the lows around 9-11 o'clock so as to give the night divers a good opportunity?

Just spoken with Jim and he’s well up for a trip next year and as with myself just needs to know when?
Foxy if low water will be around 9.00-11.00pm will that give enough opportunity for the daylight dives as well as the night dives?
Or is there a way of maybe timing the holiday so as to give enough space with the tides for a bit of both, i.e. a few afternoon lows with a few early evening lows to allow for the night dives?

If we are fishing primarily for bass in the daylight then the small tides that fall around 9-11 will give us the chance to fish from low IE 8am to mid day but you guys seem to like the high water as well so that is in affect diving all day.
The night divers prefer the low water & as in mid summer it ain't dark till 9+ it is just an option?
If you guys come for more than two days then we can have far more choice over tides?

If we are fishing primarily for bass in the daylight then the small tides that fall around 9-11 will give us the chance to fish from low IE 8am to mid day but you guys seem to like the high water as well so that is in affect diving all day.
The night divers prefer the low water & as in mid summer it ain't dark till 9+ it is just an option?
If you guys come for more than two days then we can have far more choice over tides?

If it helps on the tides and spearing times I’d be up for a 5 day trip same as last year.:)

Whenever will do me just fine, although if we can help it not the last 2 weeks of July or the 1st week of August. Having said that with enough notice I can work around pretty much anything.
looking forward to it already:):)

Spaniard would prefer June or July (he has an alternative thread running :))
but what is most important to me is OMDs availability as I (we) need him to not only catch the fish but help me out generally.
On that basis June & early July are not the easiest date for us.
If possible for you guys? July 20ish - August 30ish would be good for us.
Outside of those dates we can still do something but Dave would only be available on the weekends.
I have the new tide table, there are some really big tides around the weekend of July 24 = 9.9mtrs. However this only really matters if you want a flatty.

To be honest if we can find a date we can get around the tides.

Mart, if you post the best dates for Dave and yourself and WE’LL fit in around you boys, that way those who actually DO want to visit hopefully will and it may cut down on the amount of dropouts, which will help you and Dave, Colin, Jonny and the rest of the troop to be able to plan your time for the visit.
Just a thought?:)

Reactions: Jonny250
So we are just waiting for Spaniard before we set the date?
Has anyone got his number?

Right I can narrow down the "ideal" dates to between August 15 - August 30.
We can arrange other weekend dates for any one interested but end of August seems to suit most?

My only note is that there is a big danglers comp on 20-24 August. GBASS Open Bass comp which had about 200 danglers last year and expect much the same this time round. Not sure if it *really* effects things though.

Thanks Andy - I think it might well matter?
How about the week end of August 15 or the weekend of the 29th both are small neaps tide though?
Or as an alternative July 11th weekend?

All it would mean is more people on places like the Knife chucking things at you (even more so if they see you as "scaring their fish") on those big lows. Open beaches I would think will be all but free of anglers in the bass comp so flattie bashing wouldn't be a big deal.

Well it would seem we are getting pretty restricted with available or suitable dates especially if you try to match dates & tides!
The bass weekend just adds complications, if it was just one day but four days of dodging anglers?!
On the bright side there is a bank holiday on August the 31st - but how about a mid week fish-in?
That way we could do other dates with slightly better tides but I guess all that really matters is we have a laugh & enjoy ourselves.
Lets get this sorted this week so that flights & accommodation can be booked at reasonable prises.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT