• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Holiday Guernsey 2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I think we should avoid the angling 4 day comp. Just out of respect for our worm drowning bretheren.

Neap tides are good for night diving in summer. Low tides at 8 -10pm and day diving is do-able although going "further out" for flats is usually too deep.

At the end of the day it's a bit dependent on weather and vis as well. If everyone enjoyed last year despite the awful conditions then this year can only get better whatever the tide.

Looking forward to it.

Dave

Sorry to have been absent for a few days! I'm very flexible on dates; the sooner I book the better so as to get cheap flights and accomodation etc. I will be coming with Camilla and Lola so it makes no real difference to us so long as I get holiday booked early enough at work; June, July, August, September........whenever, we are currently very flexible!

July 11th would be really good for me.
Come over on the 10th and home on the 15th?

Juan how are these dates for you?

Paul i dont think all of the schools have broken up for summer hols by then (not here anyhow) my lad finishes term on the 17th July. I guess you'll need some input from OMD ref his term dates tho:

In that case my next suggestion would be the later part of August, if the bass comp finishes on the 24th (Monday) then from the 25th to whenever the schools go back?

Works for me Arrive on Tuesday 25th and leave on Friday 28th, which will still leave the Bank Holiday weekend to spend with the Family so everybody at home will be happy.:):)
How about everybody else? Any other suggestions?

I am OK with that - not the best tides because low is around tea time but on the other hand the fish will be fresh for supper :)
I guess we could adjust our lifestyle & get up at 10am & stay up till 2am :friday
Seriously low tide at 6pm on a neap tide will be very good for hunting bass in the shallows & I guess you could arrive on the 24th if you wanted?
So every body say "I" ?

Reactions: stuckinsurrey
I am OK with that - not the best tides because low is around tea time but on the other hand the fish will be fresh for supper :)
I guess we could adjust our lifestyle & get up at 10am & stay up till 2am :friday
Seriously low tide at 6pm on a neap tide will be very good for hunting bass in the shallows & I guess you could arrive on the 24th if you wanted?
So every body say "I" ?

I’ve just had a word with Jim and we’ll be there on Monday 24th - Friday 28th August.
Roll on the Summer Peeps and see you then.:friday

Reactions: Old Man Dave
It just gets better - cant wait to see you again mate:friday

Right then you motley crew; That's me the missus and baby Lola booked flights, arriving Aug Mon 24 and leaving Fri 28 - just need to sort accomodation now and start saving!!! rofl:fridayrofl

Reactions: Old Man Dave
Sorry for the double post but I thought I’d just tell anybody that’ll be looking for accommodation that The St George Hotel is already fully booked for August, so if you need accommodation it might be better to hurry up and find somewhere as it seems that the more value for money spots are going fast.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT