• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Holiday Guernsey 2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Spaniard will know about this one - got to be the ultimate dive location hotel
</title> <meta name="keywords" content="" /> <meta name="description" content="" /> <link type="text/css" href="../styles/web.css" rel="stylesheet" title="main" /><link type="text/css" href="../styles/print.css" rel="stylesheet" media="print" title="
You can book on line with this one if you can afford it although the prices dont look that bad considering it is a proper hotel.
I notice they are offering 3 night spring breaks for £139 including hire car.
Short Breaks - Peninsula Hotel, Guernsey, Channel Islands

Last edited:
Glade you booked up mate but that is most deffenatly out in the sticks, just about as far from my place as you can get. (about 7 miles as the crow flies)
Not a problem especially if there are three of you to share a taxi but it will be a £25 fare.
Do you remember we have a "home James" service on the island, you drive & this dude on a tiny collapsible motor bike picks you up & drives your car home with his bike in you boot.

Glade you booked up mate but that is most deffenatly out in the sticks, just about as far from my place as you can get. (about 7 miles as the crow flies)
Not a problem especially if there are three of you to share a taxi but it will be a £25 fare.
Do you remember we have a "home James" service on the island, you drive & this dude on a tiny collapsible motor bike picks you up & drives your car home with his bike in you boot.

Mart, I did wonder how far away you and the boys might be but like you said there is always a taxi or the good old Home James service so not to much to worry about me and Jim will still be able to give it a bit of this. :friday:friday:friday
My main problem is that Victor Hugo’s café will have to be driven to for the morning coffee and Danish!!!!roflrofl

Well your hotel is by the airport & the closest beach is called Petit bot, in fact the beach is a very pretty little cove surrounded by the south coast cliffs (one of jonnys favs) a particularly beautiful part of our island.
There are now three Victor Hugo cafes but you are right we will all have to meet up in the one you know for cappuccino.
It will be fun.
BBC - Guernsey - Places - Petit Bot

Le Chene is fairly central as a positive point, same distance to most of the dive spots, just a shame it's so far in all directions except south!!

Moulin Huet may be worth a peek at high water through all those gullys?? Just watch out for "dogs" at night. oo er!!

So i've packed my bags and my bucket and spade and sat here twiddling my thumbs......how many days to go?

Good news Juan.

You staying with the others or is your missus forcing you to stay somewhere where you wont be influenced by those bad boys?

Dave

Bad Boys!!!, I’ll have the whole of the Deeper Blue Forums know that we were like well behaved angles last year:D:D, always in bed by midnight or maybe just after and we always stuck to our limit of no more than 2 bottles of wine 4 bottles of cider 6 pints of beer and half a bottle of Gin or Brandy each.:friday:friday:friday
Besides I’ve already had that dirty drunken Spaniard on the phone with the most evil plans for wicked nights of alcohol fuelled tomfoolery.roflroflrofl
Time flies Gents, not long now!!:)

Would people be interested in arranging to get an AIDA instructor over for the start of the week for a couple of days - maybe to run an AIDA ** open water course? If theres sufficient interest then i would be happy to find out costs etc.

Good news Juan.

You staying with the others or is your missus forcing you to stay somewhere where you wont be influenced by those bad boys?

Dave

I'm staying in the comfy armchair by the fire-pit, guarding my stash of rocquette cider and lobster from Podge roflrofl I have it on good authority that Podge might 'take care' of missus whilst i'm there so just need someone to look after Lola now ;-)

I was just discussing with Sarah about making a space for overnighters in the fire house, it will mean moving the smoke house but I quite fancy a night or two down there myself.

I have been thinking about the first day in Guernsey, we know there is a rod fishing bass festival so I wondered about a day trip to Herm?
Just thinking aloud really but depending what time people arrive we could get one of the "almost hourly" ferries to Herm.

To have a bit of a spear?
Mart was it Herm that you took use to last year for the Captains Table, if so we could stay on for that in the evening??

Actually Podge I did consider that but what about our gear, might be a bit tricky carrying 20lb of lead & wet wetsuits etc back on the boat at 11pm?
By the way they do BBQs as well, bar meals too - remember when we went to that little court yard bar - well you can get food there.
i do love Herm & mr mrs + junior Spaniard deserve to see the Island.
But yes to spear?

See what you mean Mart, the last thing any of the locals want is to see us staggering off the boat dressed in full wetsuits with a weight belt over one shoulder and a speargun over the other having just finished consuming 4lb of BBQ with sauce and all and after taking care of that last glass of gin and tonic.:friday:friday We’d be band for life.:blackeye

Maybe the family Spaniard could go on over for a walk around and they who fancy a dive on the first day (remembering to stay clear of the rod and line chaps) could meet them over there later in the evening?

how about a boat dive on the first day? There must be lots of slightly 'offshore' places/reefs/rocks (hanois?) or wrecks worth a visit - we could perhaps hire a dive boat?

Well you wouldn't want to come out in one of mine jonny roflrofl
I still think a day trip to Herm on the first day would be fun but if a boat could be organised that might work as well? Problems might be cost, pre booking required with deposit & finding someone with a suitable boat who would actually take out spearos but if you want to find out more jonny that would be great to have an option :)
We could get the boat to Herm early afternoon & come back with our catch late afternoon but as jonny says it might be possible to get to some offshore reefs in fact we could do that on any of the days?

The cost for a fishing hire boat (full day) is around £480, so i imagine a dive boat would be a bit more (Charter Charges - Out The Blue - Boatfishing Charters Guernsey). so 10 people for the day makes it still quite expensive.
Let me know if it's worth looking into further...
alternatives could include hiring some kayaks and paddling to some reefs or as mart has suggested, visiting another island e.g. herm.

Don't worry about me; the Spaniard clan will adapt to all situations! It would be great if the missus could see as much as possible whilst we are there so we are up for anything!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT