• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How do I train to swim longer distances underwater?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
No no no you way over hyper ventalating which is way your feeling like your going to pass out its also why you need to do a proffesinol course !!!! So for the first 1.30 rest breath normaly then for the last 30 secounds a long slow inhale and a passive exhale that is it also the first 4 breath holds hyper ventilating
I thought it was the proper way to breath

No no no you way over hyper ventalating which is way your feeling like your going to pass out its also why you need to do a proffesinol course !!!! So for the first 1.30 rest breath normaly then for the last 30 secounds a long slow inhale and a passive exhale that is it also the first 4 breath holds hyper ventilating
I will do that for my tables from now on

No no no your way over hyper ventalating which is way your feeling like your going to pass out, its also why you need to do a profeshinol course !!!! So for every breath hold rest time the first 1.30 rest breath normaly then for the last 30 secounds a long slow inhale 2 maybe 3 times with a passive exhale that is it also the first 4 breath holds no hyper ventilating
Alright. I started holding my breath underwater today, doing CO² tables , the first 4 are fine but when I get to the last 4, I just can't do it. Idk why. Is it because I am not used to holding my breath underwater? Any tips on how to get pass that?

Alright. I started holding my breath underwater today, doing CO² tables , the first 4 are fine but when I get to the last 4, I just can't do it. Idk why. Is it because I am not used to holding my breath underwater? Any tips on how to get pass that?
One you dont do tables underwater as explained befor due to safty its a dry training methode and 2 dive buddy and three you need to do a course !!!!

Alright chill
Excuse me how rude!!!!! after the time spent helping you with advice and then even more the fact your putting your life at risk and not following instructions of not training in water with no dive buddy!!!!!!! also your putting the reptatuion of freediving at risk !!! I will not respond any more to this post good luck

Reactions: Kodama
Excuse me how rude!!!!! after the time spent helping you with advice and then even more the fact your putting your life at risk and not following instructions of not training in water with no dive buddy!!!!!!! also your putting the reptatuion of freediving at risk !!! I will not respond any more to this post good luck
I was not trying to be rude at all. I'm sorry

I didn't mean it to come out that way

Hello.

To swim underwater for a longer period of time you need to first practice holding your breath for longer period of time out of the water. When you're swimming underwater relax your muscles because when you tense your muscles you end up using more oxygen then required. Kick strongly whne your start underwater swimming and move on with breaststroke. You need to glide for as long as possible before starting the next breaststroke because gliding will be easy to cover more distance and it'll minimize the oxygen use.

I hope this helps.

Keep swimming and stay safe. :)

A good limit is no more then 50 seconds underwater, its rare that anyone under normal exertion will have any issues with this amount. if you are not at least close to a state level swimmer your energy and oxygen usage can be very high especially over prolonged periods of time. You get more tired less efficient.

If you want to do it practice with static breath holds and check your pulse the entire time. Become aware of your body and how it reacts. Then you can work on distance underwater.

Obviously anything can be done in a dangerous way, breath holding is less dangerous than many things driving cars etc. But if done in a stupid maner like anything can prove fatal.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT