• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to start Freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
island_sands said:
...There are plenty of knowledgeable freedivers in South Africa. BTW the unofficial record for breath holding is over 10minutes :D
Seems like SA has a disproportionate number of ace spearos & top spearo companies -- not at all backwards. Miles posted an article a while ago describing a class he and his wife (Dr.Fish?) took. [2006 Guiness Book of Records had an official breath holding time of 8m 59sec (if I recall correctly?)...you'd think they'd go for that extra second! Progress in this area is rapid though. 10 minutes - scary!]

Hey all, I have a question about those c02/02 tables.

My question is this:

After doing a few I notice that only one of the column changes. Like for example the 02 table where you do a 1:30 breath hold and you simply decrease the time. I was wondering when you would up that number?

When I was making my tables I had the impression I just either +15 seconds to co2 and -15 seconds from 02.

Do I stay constant or do I increase that number?

I was thinking a formula would work out nicely and maby this might help my question. You would only do this when you completed a phase and moved onto a more difficult one.

C02:
1:00 + 0:15 = 1:15 New Starting Time.

02:
1:15 - 0:15 = 1:00 New Vent Time.

So to further my explanation; am I going to have a vent time of 2:00 in my Co2 table always? (Phase 1 - 7).

Thanks,
Morg

Morg said:
When I was making my tables I had the impression I just either +15 seconds to co2 and -15 seconds from 02.
Do I stay constant or do I increase that number?
Morg
my idea play with the numbers +/- as feel as yourself comfortable :)
it is a little bit hemoglobin ratio in your blood i mean your ratio can be ok but very close to min value this makes you unhappy while working 02 .. if you go deep... body uses FE+(iron) and FE+(iron) needed to make hemoglobin ..you can think on it and you can find a way...

Last edited:
Reactions: Morg
SEDATE said:
my idea play with the numbers +/- as feel as yourself comfortable :)
it is a little bit hemoglobin ratio in your blood i mean your ratio can be ok but very close to min value this makes you unhappy while working 02 .. if you go deep... body uses FE+(iron) and FE+(iron) needed to make hemoglobin ..you can think on it and you can find a way...

So I will just modify them a little bit now and see how it goes. I like the +15 and -15 because its a nice number. I will just change the other number a bit.

i suggest you +15 or +30 CO2 -15 O2 ..When you feel it is being easy add +15 each..and go. there is no rule icrease or decrease the same ratio..adjust what your body needs...
i do not work table anymore while working played the +/- the tables just giving duration against constartion

Last edited:
SEDATE said:
i suggest you +15 or +30 CO2 -15 O2 ..When you feel it is being easy add +15 each..and go. there is no rule icrease or decrease the same ratio..adjust what your body needs...
i do not work table anymore while working played the +/- the tables just giving duration against constartion

Yeah I have kind of adapted something like that. I figure if I can't do the table %100 then I will repeat it and make sure I do it.

About that Iron, would be best to load up on iron? I am getting my daily dose of it through some cereal in the morning but that is generally it. (I do my breath holds at night).

Thanks,
Morg

Morg said:
About that Iron, would be best to load up on iron? I am getting my daily dose of it through some cereal in the morning but that is generally it. (I do my breath holds at night).

Thanks,
Morg
Mate please do not mix i am not suggestion you get any by dose or use any pill or pills:naughty please do not mix! hemoglobin ratio in your blood never increase you breath holds! there is no any connection!. Breath hold is different think; the higger hemoglobin consist more hemotocrit in the blood and body just uses hemotocrit to transfer 02 to the cells ..very different cases...

Last edited:
SEDATE said:
Mate please do not mix i am not suggestion you get any by dose or use any pill or pills:naughty please do not mix! hemoglobin ratio in your blood never increase you breath holds! there is no any connection!. Breath hold is different think; the higger hemoglobin consist more hemotocrit in the blood and body just uses hemotocrit to transfer 02 to the cells ..very different cases...

Ah ok thanks a lot, for the record I wasn't looking for pill form iron. I was looking around for foods that contain iron.

Thanks for stating that about iron... I am sure there are many other little things out there that may or may not offer a very small increase in breath hold times. (I was reading that Cirus is one of these things).

Thanks,
Morg

Morg said:
i was looking around for foods that contain iron.
Thanks,
Morg
grape molases consist more FE+ it consists in 1.6mg /100gr..I am not sure that but body only needs 0.5mg daily...
it makes you more energic ,too :D

Last edited:
SEDATE said:
grape molases consist more FE+ it consists in 1.6mg /100gr..I am not sure that but body only needs 0.5mg daily...
it makes you more energic ,too :D

I have never heard of grape molases... I'll look around here for some. I'll definate try my best to give it a shot :)

Thanks again,
Morg

i do not know how to write in english its name. think honey:t ..think again black honey:t one made of bees one made of grapes..

oferdegi said:
:) Good luck & happy hunting!

Oferdegi

image.php

Akoni said:
CO² Tables
CO² is the common trigger for the urge to breathe. CO² Tables are meant to increase your tolerance to high CO² Levels, you do this by decreasing resting periods before a breath hold. The breath holds in a CO² table are usually 50% of your personal record.

An example of a CO² Table:
1. ventilate 2:30 static 1:30
2. ventilate 2:15 static 1:30
3. ventilate 2:00 static 1:30
4. ventilate 1:45 static 1:30
5. ventilate 1:30 static 1:30
6. ventilate 1:15 static 1:30
7. ventilate 1:00 static 1:30
8. ventilate 1:00 static 1:30
total duration 25:15

O² Tables
O² Tables are meant to increase your tolerance to low O² Levels, you do this by increasing breath holds while keeping the resting periods the same. The last breath hold in an O² table is usually up to 80% of your personal record.

An example of an O² Table:
1.ventilate 2:00 static 1:00
2.ventilate 2:00 static 1:15
3.ventilate 2:00 static 1:30
4.ventilate 2:00 static 1:45
5.ventilate 2:00 static 2:00
6.ventilate 2:00 static 2:15
7.ventilate 2:00 static 2:30
8.ventilate 2:00 static 2:30
total duration 30:45

The CO² and O² tables can be modified to suit the divers will and feeling.

I'm a bit confused, are these tables mixed up (i.e., O2 table is the CO2 table, and vice versa)? In a lot of places where I've seen tables they refer to them as Tables A and B. Hoping someone can help me out here... :confused:

If a diver wanted to work on his CO2 tolerance specifically, would he just focus on one set of tables for the meantime? Or is it necessary to do both tables to see maximum benefits? In my case, my contractions are so strong that they are by far the limiting factor in my breathholds.

bolts said:
I'm a bit confused, are these tables mixed up (i.e., O2 table is the CO2 table, and vice versa)? In a lot of places where I've seen tables they refer to them as Tables A and B. Hoping someone can help me out here... :confused:

If a diver wanted to work on his CO2 tolerance specifically, would he just focus on one set of tables for the meantime? Or is it necessary to do both tables to see maximum benefits? In my case, my contractions are so strong that they are by far the limiting factor in my breathholds.

it is true tables BoLTs
O2 meaning increase hold fix vent
CO2 meaning decrease vent fix hold
you can do one day 02 next day CO2 the trick is never do it together in same day (5 days work, saturday and sunday rest your ribcage muscles)

Can any one tell the best way to increase the time you can hold ur breath
any training ect

Vic Spearo said:
Can any one tell the best way to increase the time you can hold ur breath
any training ect

Vic,

read this thread, in particular the first entries where the O2 and CO2 tables are presented and explained. This is a simple and effective start to increase your breath hold rather fast as long as you take into account the ever important aspect of mental training. Once you get over the urge to breath and bulding up your tolerance to low oxygen (and high co2) levels, the results will be impressive. I am a beginner myself an within a month i have tripled my personal best in static.

good luck and train safely

serge

Thanks Sergiu
those charts r a magor help
staic i use to be 20 secs but with those charts nd the deep breathing provedure i can hold my breath 4 about 2 mins static im very happy
relxing helps so much :p

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT