• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How was everyones summer?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The drop off is straight out from the boat launch, the depth chart doesn't really show it but it is very steep. Where is the pontoon plane? I have only found a old sail boat. I know there is a plane in Whiteswan, been to it many times. Whiteswan is nice if you just want to have fun or go for some serious depth.

We are also straight apnea, we just make sure we are tired off properly so we can find your way back and its all good. Never got a fish while ice diving and would like to change that.

Here some links for spearfishing under the ice that Rene Potvin in Montreal does.

Ice Diving, March 10 and 11

Ice Diving, March 10 and 11

I am planning on doing a couple trips to Sask. this summer to hopefully go after trout. So we will see what happens. Hopefully you guys can show me the terrain of the lakes.

If we also want to go a little crazy we could have a little mini competition or tournament say we do one competition in Sask. and the other in Alberta. Could be lots of fun.

Paraaronoid what kind of hunting do you do?

I would be more then happy to show you around up there, always nice to have another spearo around. If you want trout early in the year is best before the algae starts growing. For trout not including lake trout the first weekend of may is best. May long is good to and that way you can hunt some lake trout. Would have the boat at Whiteswan by the long weekend most likely.

Would be up for a competition of some sorts

I don't know about what dates I can make it to Sask. but I want to make a couple excursions into Sask. this year. They will mostly be shorter trips though. Trips I can do in a day or a weekend.

For competitions in my mind there are three lakes we could hold it in Alberta.

Twin Lake which is an hour and half south west from Edmonton. Good visibility rather consistenly but you can only shoot Perch and Burbot.

Sylvan Lake about half way between Calgary and Edmonton holds both Whitefish and Burbot and maybe perch. Though the visibility varies and lots of boat traffic on weekends.

Cold Lake which we could fish under Sask. licenses and then it my understanding that we can spearfish the complete lake for all legal take species. Erik and Lee know more about how the visibility is at Cold Lake. We could just do one competition here as technically it in both Alberta and Sask.

The drop off is straight out from the boat launch, the depth chart doesn't really show it but it is very steep. Where is the pontoon plane? I have only found a old sail boat. I know there is a plane in Whiteswan, been to it many times. Whiteswan is nice if you just want to have fun or go for some serious depth.

We are also straight apnea, we just make sure we are tired off properly so we can find your way back and its all good. Never got a fish while ice diving and would like to change that.

Holy balls of steel...Not sure if I could ever do that, even if I had permission! :)

Not sure where the plane is in Heritage, or even if there is one in there for sure. It could be an old wives tale passed from person to person; I think my father-in-law told me about that one years back. I have never actually been to Heritage, just always drive past it on the way to other lakes.

Paraaronoid what kind of hunting do you do?

Spring Goose, fall duck/goose/upland, fall mule/whitetail deer...Trying to get out to try Moose/Elk one of these years. Winter coyotes a few times a year too.

Just finished up my deer season. Got a nice big anterless whitetail, and two anterless mulies, but my Whitetail buck tag becomes an ornament on the tree :-(

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT