• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

I think the bad news is in.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sorandril

Jun 13, 2020

And much like the Wu Tang Clan, amyloid beta ain’t nothing to f—- with.

I think we all need to quit now to save our brains, Stig included.

Last edited:

And then there’s this. I’ll stop now.
Edit to note that this was a terrible morning. However I will add that those markers are also increased by SCUBA without benefits of HIF.

seems to be a dcs problem

also, exercise: https://www.researchgate.net/profil...through-modulating-mitochondrial-dynamics.pdf

I’m looking forward to discussing the data and perhaps launching a study on alz and diving.

Last edited:
I do not see that these studies are any less substantial than most all studies within ncbi, there are always follow up studies needed to find irrefutable evidence. It wold be interesting to see which cultures have greater Curcumin absorption due to food preparation as bio availability is limited by solubility. It was discussed Curcumin was commonplace in Asian food and statistics would show Africa, India, and South Asia have the lowest AD occurrence by demographic.

I do not see that these studies are any less substantial than most all studies within ncbi, there are always follow up studies needed to find irrefutable evidence.
To clarify- by "anecdotal evidence" I was NOT referring to the links I posted, I was asking for permission to write about informal experiments I did on myself (without any doctors or researchers involved). I am not sure if DB is the right audience or not for that sort of thing.

It's all fair game, any enlightening and educational information based on personal experience or professional studies is appreciated. There has certainly been some wild and even adult audience ideas expressed in the forum. Freediving science involves much of our physiology and psychology with plenty more to explore and understand, it's what makes it the greatest.

Reactions: xristos
It's all fair game, any enlightening and educational information based on personal experience or professional studies is appreciated.

I became confused. My mannerisms resembled the mannerisms of one of my friends (both of his parents had Alzheimers). And I could feel sticky junk covering my brain (unlike most people, I am able to feel my internal organs. My family had to explain to me that most people cannot. Perhaps this is an autism trait?)

So I did some Googling, and found out that curcumin/turmeric removes beta-amyloid from the body. I then combined:

1. Either turmeric or Jarrow curcumin (forget which one)
2. High dose Jarrow MSM (polyphenols and terpenes deplete sulfur)
3. Jarrow milk thistle (elevates glutathione)

Afterwards I felt funny. Then, when I went to the bathroom this sticky junk came out in my stools.

Then I returned to feeling normal.

There has certainly been some wild and even adult audience ideas expressed in the forum.

Sending you a PM.

That is quite an unusual experience and attribute that allowed you to find a resolution to a health problem that most would not be able to even perceive. I wonder if you have a particularly strong Brain-Gut connection which has significant health importance for the brain, this an area of study gaining great attention lately. How significant is the perception of your organs in diving?

I’m not seeing the actual issue here?
I became confused. My mannerisms resembled the mannerisms of one of my friends (both of his parents had Alzheimers). And I could feel sticky junk covering my brain (unlike most people, I am able to feel my internal organs. My family had to explain to me that most people cannot. Perhaps this is an autism trait?)

So I did some Googling, and found out that curcumin/turmeric removes beta-amyloid from the body. I then combined:

1. Either turmeric or Jarrow curcumin (forget which one)
2. High dose Jarrow MSM (polyphenols and terpenes deplete sulfur)
3. Jarrow milk thistle (elevates glutathione)

Afterwards I felt funny. Then, when I went to the bathroom this sticky junk came out in my stools.

Then I returned to feeling normal.

Sending you a PM.
basically your concoction was made up from three things that have been shown clinically with a potential to cause diarrhoea.
As for curcumin being able to provide health benefits 100’s if trials have been done and it was shown to be useless

Curcumin is in the the very least known as an anti-inflammatory component of the spice turmeric, this is a significant medicinal property.

Curcumin is in the the very least known as an anti-inflammatory component of the spice turmeric, this is a significant medicinal property.
To get enough curcumin from turmeric you’d need to eat enough to be able to bury a child in it. Even then curcumin is subject to poor bioavailability and ingesting it alone renders almost zero benefits. So is it really useful/effective to say it is worthwhile? Would you bother taking a version of paracetamol if it had low levels of effectiveness and required other items? No, we’d look at it for what it is, a low level product in terms of effectiveness.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT