• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

I wana use 1mm line - crimp help

Very nice thread. I have very stupid setup but it works for me... Please don't bash me.. I'm a techie guy..

I have a single pneumatic gun 50 cm and use titanium line retainer exactly like vrohlenko posted in the thread. I also replaced original crappy shaft with 26" Pneumatic Speargun Shaft from spearfishing world. It was expensive, $50 but worth every penny. It's longer but flies super nicely and doesn't bend nor rust. I kitesurf and for the line I use 7 meter long kite extension line cut to 5meter which I had lying unused. They are about 1mm/1.2mm at about 300kg/700lbs rating. Super strong. I also have 1W laser guided tech on the gun and some other stuff lol. Some fish are super scared of that tech and for these I turn it off but some big fishes like bass/striped bass don't care and sometimes it helps when you need to make split second shot at a distance. I also pump the gun to 30psi-33psi

Some sessions I don't miss a shot. I'm also a big believer into keeping your spear tip extremely sharp which makes massive difference and sometimes shot fish from pretty far distance.

We had the same idea, a green laser!
Although I gave up on that idea when I couldn't find an underwater laser on Amazon

Is yours adjustable? Is it designed for water or did you tweak it?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT