• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Illinois Laws and Lake Michigan...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jon you have to try driving in Bulgaria.
Chicago is like a kid playground.
I'm not kidding.

Kalin, I've seen you drive in a parking lot...I can only imagine Bulgaria! rofl

Helmets in Illinois are still optional. There are a lot of laws to protect us from ourselves. No one is responsible for their own actions, everyone wants to sue. Even if you are responsible for your own actions, your family might sue, even if you would have thought it wrong. Greed is a powerful thing. What a world.

WI doesn't require you to wear a helmet. If I were to break into my neighbors house and STEAL their TV, hurting my back in the process. I can sue them for hurting myself on their property and WIN.

Drive in Mexico sometime- Amazing. Parallel parking involves driving forward until you crash into the cars in front and back of you until next to the curb. OH- and no age requirement.

What gets me the most on that POS beauracratic excrement from the Minister Of Keeping Himself Employed, is that one cannot go into the water in placess that are not supervised! Good God, what a ridiculous pile of horseshit. I can't go swimming in a lake without some guy with a bronze medallion watching me? I'd rather live in Saudi.

Not for bicycle

The bicycle helmet law was put into place more to protect children. So I can't complain about that too much. Kids are relying on being taught by adults. Plus having spent time on my bike in traffic, I wear a helmet on my bike. I do on a motorcycle too though.

bureaucrats --ha ha
[ame=http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZlBUglE6Hc]YouTube - Ministry of Silly Walks[/ame]

Reactions: Erik
Time for me to join the rant.:martial

I just got back from Farm and Fleet because I wanted to buy myself a Wrist-Rocket (sling-shot) to practice my Hawaiian sling skills with on dry land. They told me that they can no longer sell them because they are now considered a weapon. I asked about all of the BB, air soft, and pellet guns they sold and the response was that slingshots are considered to be more dangerous at close range than a pellet gun.:head

This must be a realtively new policy because I saw them there a month ago.

I guess I'll just set up targets in the back yard and use my old shafts to practice using my sling with. My neighbors will love it!:naughty

Jon

Reactions: ILDiver
Gander Mountain still sells "wrist Rockets" or Sling Shots- some huge ones too.

After dealing with the licensing boards here for psychologists, and watching my brother do they same for law enforcement, I have to agree.....this is a pretty messed up state. I could put up a whole post about those experiences.

I'm just glad I live close enough to WI to experience freedom from time to time.

I don't know why you guys just don't move here. The cheese is Great! and Beer flows through the rivers - from what I hear.

If I'm going to move someplace to spearfish, it will be south to saltwater. Also to a state that has Concealled Carry! :D (that only rules out IL and WI)

you get the same problems if you move 50 miles or 5000 miles...I know better places then WI. :)

If I'm going to move someplace to spearfish, it will be south to saltwater. Also to a state that has Concealled Carry! :D (that only rules out IL and WI)

Would Florida meet the specifications mentioned? You can shoot someone down there for looking at you the wrong way.

Ok I'm starting to believe you actually have a jetpack....

Who isnt ha ha!

Would Florida meet the specifications mentioned? You can shoot someone down there for looking at you the wrong way.

Only two states in the US do not have concealed carry. IL and WI. Florida is on my short list of places to move. Of course Cairns Aus is on my list too, and you can't have guns in Aus (unlikely I get to move there anyway).

Jeremy's jet-pack never works anyway. He has one, but he bought it on e-bay and it only came with the case and the jet hoses, no bottles for the hydrogen. I think he bought a time machine on the internet from some guy in Florida too.

you just wish you could borrow it.......go back in time and pick another state to live in.

If you had bought a jet-pack too like I told you, you could go to any damn state you please....any time. But nooooo...gotta use that weird little hybrid SUV of yours like a "normal" person.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT